My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Clusterfungi & a Painting Project

Putting seed out for "the kids" this morning, I found this neat little mushroom cluster in my yard. No dreams again last night, unfortunately (slept fitfully again,) but at least the pain in my wrist seems to finally be abating. Although I've been intending to paint every day, I haven't been as disciplined as I've wanted to. Lately I'm working on a little shelf with a couple of pegs. Where I work, a woman brings us in home-baked goodies every week. I thought we should do something nice for her, so I'm working on this shelf while my 2 coworkers knit her a couple of washcloths (to hang from the pegs.) I struggled for a while over how to paint the shelf, but daring to go with a bright purple base coat (over 2 coats of primer,) has been sufficient inspiration. I'll do some flowery vines on it & perhaps a little butterfly (the shelf is so small there's not a lot of accessible painting space, actually, which was part of my problem.) I'll post a pic when it's done, hopefully in the next couple of days, but don't quote me on that!
Related Posts with Thumbnails