My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Last Night's Dream; Bridge, Art Show & Alien Queen

I can't even begin to explain where this doozy came from...

I was in a car. A guy was driving. We were headed toward a large, tall bridge. Before the span was an open area of concrete. A few people were standing next to tables there & waved us over. We pulled over & they handed us something, saying, “G-mac.” We responded in kind & headed over the bridge. On the other side of the bridge were other people in cars. We were all handing over what we’d been given to other people near tables on the road. It turns out that we’d been given "The Gods Must Be Crazy" VHS tape, which the library had weeded from their system. We realized then that "G-mac" represented the first letters of each word of the movie. I was dropped off at a place where I had my art on display & went inside. Many other people (pagans?) were there. I spoke (privately) with the woman running the show. She agreed to do me a special favor (either keeping my art longer or letting me pick it up early.) I went back outside, where a frigid, blasting wind blew deepening snow everywhere. I found a triangle cleared in the snow on the sidewalk. Beneath it was a layer of ice over a rainbow on a black background (reminiscent of the cover of Pink Floyd’s "Dark Side of the Moon" album.) Soon a space alien queen (about 7-8’ tall,) came, completely unfazed by the frigid wind & snow. She spoke with me angrily & wouldn’t listen to what I had to say. She kicked snow over the cleared triangle on the ground, shouting at me. I stumbled away, toward the road, but fell in the snow. Although I was wearing a Winter parka, it was so cold, the wind was blowing so hard & I felt so weak that I wasn’t sure I could survive, never mind get up & go on. As I struggled to my feet & continued toward the street (where 2 roads merged into one,) Bender from "Futurama" showed up. Unintimidated by the alien queen, he told her to “bite my shiny, metal ass.” It was enough of a distraction to allow me to escape.

One thing's pretty clear; I'm NOT in control (of anything, evidently.)

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

LOL. This sounds more like one of my dreams, sweetness. Crazy stuff.

Mad Hatter said...

Hey Lana, I replied to your comment on my blog. I'd just like to say that I totally respect that point of view, I held it myself for a while. I hope that you don't lose complete respect for the Deluge.

-Hatter

Related Posts with Thumbnails