My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Other Art News

In other, personal art news, I recently submitted this painting ("Birds of Rhiannon,") for show in the St. Tammany Art Association's 50th Anniversary Members' Show. I mention this here partly because neither the STAA website (see links) nor their blog have been updated in months (if not years.) As a result, there's no link to post about the show, so this is all you get. If you're local & would like to check it out, at least the address for the gallery is still correct on the outdated STAA webpage.
I've also expressed my interest in artistic projects with someone connected to "Friends of the Park" here in Abita Springs. She's going to e-mail me information regarding their art committee's next meeting, so I can check it out & see if I'd like to join them. I'm already pretty sure I would. From what I understand, Abita Springs used to be a really artsy-fartsy place & I'd like to see it get back to those roots, even just a little. I've also discussed this with the proprietor of the new Berkeley Gallery and Studio here in town. Once the trailhead at Abita Park is open, how cool would it be to have regular art/craft markets there?

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I like tihs painting a lot. All of your landscape scenes make me want to visit that place. What park can we find this one in?

Lana Gramlich said...

Charles; In the park in my mind. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails