My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Monday, November 19, 2007

Last Night's Dream; Boy Band & Superhero

I was promoting a boy band. We rehearsed their frenetic entry into a restaurant, which was received with much excitement. Later I was a superhero, fighting an underground war against a near-totalitarian regime. A man found out who I was & joined me.

The pictures are from yesterday's hike. If you can identify either of these critters please feel free to enlighten me.

This morning it appears that the yellow-rumped warblers (another migratory visitor,) are back. There are at least 7 of them suddenly hopping around my front yard.

I also spotted my first northern flicker (one of my favorite woodpeckers,) since moving down here. It's like being visited by an old friend.

9 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

You're my superhero.

Julie said...

Just picked up on your dreaming to infinity link. Very interesting.

I read a good book called The Introvert Advantage which dealt with the impact a long acetylcholine pathway has on the way memory functions in introverts (among other things) - recall takes longer?

The Zen Birdfeeder said...

Seven yellow-rumpeds! I'd love to have seen 'em.

Lana said...

Charles; Yes, "the Snide Avenger." *LOL* ;)

Julie; Personally I don't agree with the use of supplements as currently discussed on "Dreaming to Infinity." The brain is a tricky & vitally important thing & I don't advocate messing around w/its chemicals just to "go lucid," particularly as lucidity can be had w/o messing w/one's brain chemistry. I'm hoping that "series" will be over soon. If not, I may just delete it from my list of blogs.

Zen birdfeeder; 2 of them even jumped right up in front of my window, sparring, as I was posting this. One hung around all Winter last year & I was just starting to wonder if he'd be back this year. Not only is he back, he seems to have brought friends. :) I'll try to get some pix (didn't have time this morning, as I had to go to work.)

Julie said...

No - right with you on that one.

More a general comment on coming across a blog covering that area, if you get my drift. Hadn't occurred to me that anyone would deliberately try to enhance dreams outside of a lab context...would have thought an overspiced meal would have been just as effective! Learn something new every day....

Julie said...

lana - left a reply on mine next time you're passing through. Thanks.

The feedback on journaling is good because I didn't know where I was going with mine.

mon@rch said...

Looks like the butterfly is one of the Sulphur Species and hard to say by the photo! Also, the bird appears to be a Phoebe!! I didn't see many of these guys this year!

Lana said...

Mon@rch; After perusing various butterfly books at my local library (where I'm fortunate enough to work,) I have to agree with you on the sulphur, although it didn't really match anything in any of the books very precisely. I'd never seen a phoebe before & that does seem the most likely candidate for the bird. Thanks for your expertise, yet again! :)

The Zen Birdfeeder said...

Pretty neat!

Related Posts with Thumbnails