My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Saturday, November 17, 2007

STAA 50th Anniversary Members' Show & Leonid Meteors

I've just returned from the opening reception for this show & am delighted to announce that the painting I'd submitted sold last night. I'm particularly delighted because this was one of the pieces rejected by the North Shore Art Market jury as "not high quality" & "fantasy inspired" (which, as previously mentioned, means that it's "not art.") Here's mud in your eye, North Shore Art Fascists!

In other news, the Leonid meteor shower peaks tonight. Although this year isn't scheduled to be a "super Leonid shower" (or "meteor storm,") this shower is always particularly lovely. It's called "Leonids" because the radiant (aka; "where the meteors appear to come from,") is the constellation Leo. The best viewing starts after midnight & improves throughout the night, until sunrise overpowers the sky. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Danny Tagalog said...

Hi Lana,

Congrats on the news. Wish I could live inside that painting which has just been accepted. Looks very alluring..

Hello to Charles:) and I miss seeing all the blogs:( But as a thug turned pirate (politician) once said, "I'll Be Back."

DT

Charles Gramlich said...

Waves at Danny.

Sweeps Lana up for a smoochie. "Congrats, baby. That's a beautiful piece and you are so talented."

Rob said...

Congrats, Lana.

mon@rch said...

I did hear about those meteor showers today on NPR but it has been so cloudy the past week! I think I might be missing them this year!

Lana said...

Thanks to all for the congrats & kind words.

Mon@rch; It rained here, so I missed them, too. I don't think I've been able to see the Leonids in at least 7 years now (including the last "super Leonids," which is a bummer, since the next one's not 'til I'm 66 or so.) One of these years it's got to be clear...just once!

Related Posts with Thumbnails