My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Boating on Bogue Falaya

While enjoying the park the other day, Charles found a leaf that would make a good boat. He put a couple of sweet gum balls in it as passengers & off we go...

Unfortunately, on our first launch, one of the sweet gum balls fell out of the boat. It reminded me of Cast Away, when Wilson falls out of Chuck's boat.

With me crying "Willlllsoooooon!" in the background, Charles just had to "save" the 2nd sweet gum ball.

Relaunch...


The boat soon started taking on water, as the 2 sweet gum balls were positioned too close to one end, but it beached itself before it sank, anyway. The experience made me think of people who have viking funerals for their small pets...Like these guys;

9 comments:

Elle said...

Hello Lana,

Seems you had lots of fun with your made up boat. Funny how things can remind you of other things, sounds like you had a lot of fun and laughs.

I saw you on a blog and thought I would drop by, hope you don't mind.

Take care
Elle

Lana Gramlich said...

Hello, elle! I think Charles & I are lucky in that we still have a lot of fun, regardless of what we're doing. We're silly together in the good way, y'know?
Thanks for stopping by & posting a comment (I've reciprocated & will be back to your site again.) You're welcome to come by anytime. :)

Marvin said...

Now that's what I call boating on a budget, and it certainly looks like fun.

We're having to suffer through this fall and winter without sweet gum balls (and many other nuts and seeds). A late, hard freeze occurred while the trees were blooming last spring.

Julie said...

Way to go, Lana....LOL

Lana Gramlich said...

Marvin; Sorry to hear about the freeze! I hope lots of people in your area have been feeding the birds!

Julie; Charles & I are such sillyheads...but mostly it's Charles. ;)

Charles Gramlich said...

I was a perfectly sober and serious person until Lana got hold of me.

Lana Gramlich said...

Charles; C'mon now...You know it was just latent...'Fess up.

Marvin said...

We're trying to keep the birds fed, Lana, but certain bushy-tailed bottomless pits are making that difficult. They also have little else to eat.

Lana Gramlich said...

Marvin; I hear you & sympathize! I keep telling myself, "Everyone's gotta eat," but admittedly it doesn't seem to be working very well. <:\

Related Posts with Thumbnails