My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Drawing & Last Night's Dream; Business as Unusual

A union or other organization was touring a factory to take down a corporation that was abusing it's employees. Later I was handling a young man's business (via his cell phone.) One call involved his boat. When he joined me he took his phone back, but seemed to expect me to continue to make decisions for him. At one point we'd gone to a young woman's house to buy something. She opened the front door. He was bent over, as though tying his shoelace. I asked him what he wanted & he mumbled something incoherently. The woman tried to guess what he wanted, looking at me. I just shrugged, not knowing, myself. I was getting annoyed with the young man.

I did the pencil drawing back in 1985 (I think it was.) Does anyone besides me recognize this musical duo?

10 comments:

Brave Astronaut said...

It helps that I remember you and me at the Skate Factory, with you moving to "Private Eyes - They're Watching You - They See Your Every Move."

God, you loved your roller skates.

Lana Gramlich said...

BA; Before Katrina I got another pair of roller skates, actually. Although I'd figure it was like riding a bike (you never forget,) I was dead wrong. Being considerably more ovoid these days probably doesn't help, either! *LOL* They're still in my closet, however. I may give it another shot since we're so close to the Tammany Trace.

Charles Gramlich said...

I recognize the duo, but only because I've seen the real pic and you told me.

Mark said...

Certainly looks like Hall and Oates to me.. .

Steve Malley said...

Hall & Oates where the TV detectives, right?

You're thinking of Starsky and Hutch!

(muddying the historical waters...)

MINUS273 said...

David Bowie in the Ziggy Stardust phase (left)
and Freddy Mercury in the still alive phase-(R.I.P.)
(right)

Lana Gramlich said...

Charles; You're sweet, anyway.

Mark; Bingo! Nice to know there is some resemblance, considering I was only 17 when I drew them. I often have an impossible time judging my own work.

Steve; *LOL!*

Minus273; No, although I see where you'd get that.

Lana Gramlich said...

If anyone's interested, there's a reversed image of the original here.

kyungmee said...

wonderful image..beautiful!!!!

Lana Gramlich said...

Thanks, kyungmee. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails