My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Fairview-Riverside State Park

It was our first visit to Fairview-Riverside State Park park today. Although the breeze was nice, it wasn't enough to blow away the clouds. Still, it was a good day. Here are some pictures.

Note the speed limit; not 35, not 40, but 36. What's up with that?


A downy woodpecker.


Cypress in the Tchefuncte River.


The Tchefuncte River seen from the back of Otis House.


Southern symbols; a brown pelican & Spanish moss.


An egret.


An artistic photo; "Reflection."


(Clicking on thumbnails here used to bring up the larger version of the picture. These days, however, I get prompted to download the picture to my hard drive. Anyone know if Blogger changed something, or is it just me?)

5 comments:

Julie said...

Hmm - lana, love the artistic reflection - and the 3D tour of fontainbleu. I noticed the download - is it to do with file size on the pick? I'll check mine.

Julie said...

Yes, mine are the same.

Charles Gramlich said...

Love the pictures, as always.

Steve Malley said...

Ooooohhhhh, gorgeous....

Lana said...

Julie; Thanks for the insight on the download prompt--I hadn't considered file sizes! Although I'm considering doing a paint version of the reflection picture, I think that'd be more trouble than it's worth. Perhaps I'll just get the photo blown up & framed.

Charles; You're a sweetie. *kisses*

Steve; Thanks! I'll have to see if you're back from your hiatus...

Related Posts with Thumbnails