My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Last Night's Dream; Avoiding Mom

I went to Canada for a visit. In a building I ran into R. I told him not to tell Mom he’d seen me. I wasn’t sure he had the mental aptitude to keep the secret, however. Soon I ran into my Uncles & a couple of Aunts, most of which who had died. I was glad to see them & spoke with them happily. I also told them not to tell Mom I was in town. Then I realized that Mom was in the back of the group. She didn’t take my rejection very badly, but I had to leave with her.

Mom & I didn't have the best relationship when she was alive (to put it mildly.) Except for one of my Aunts, all of the relatives in the dream died years ago. It was nice to see & speak with them again, even if it was just a dream...

I drew the panther above for a friend in Canada some years ago. I like how it came out. Prints are available for sale.

4 comments:

Sidney said...

That is a great pic, wonderful sense of movement and everything.

Lana Gramlich said...

Thanks, Sidney. :) I really used to love pencil sketches. These days I'm not sure I have the patience!

Julie said...

Love the panther, lana. Graceful.

Lana Gramlich said...

Thank you, Julie. My friend was delighted w/it, which was a good testament.

Related Posts with Thumbnails