My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Last Night's Dream; Claves & Restaurant

I looked at a poster of claves of the world. The background was white. It wasn't terribly interesting. Later I went with others to a restaurant. A woman with us (R.M.?) wanted a powder dip they have. There were coolers (like at convenience stores,) along a couple of walls. I went with her to look for the power dip. It wasn't where it was supposed to be. She found some behind a containers of peaches. The food was good, so I decided to go back to the restaurant again later. They were so busy I had to park up the street.

Most people I know have never heard of a clave, so I've included the picture above. I was given a clave while in Austin, TX during our evacuation from Hurricane Katrina. I thought it couldn't be hard to knock a couple pieces of wood together, but I was wrong.

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

It sure seemed like you took to the clave like a pro, Lana.

Lana Gramlich said...

Charles; I can tell you don't listen to much Latin music. <:\

Related Posts with Thumbnails