My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Sunday, December 16, 2007

"Inner Child" & Last Night's Dream; Goodbye, Transformers & Books

D.D. & I had been hanging out a lot again but he had decided to move away & I had to say goodbye. It was hard. Then there was something about the "Transformers" movie. After that I was with one or two other people, driving from place to place (particularly gas stations?) searching for books to add to our collection. At one point I came across a Pern (Harper Hall) novel by Anne McCaffrey & took it.

As evidenced by ommission, I didn't remember Friday night's dream (actually I did remember a fragment, but didn't write it down in time.) This was because I had to get up too early & hussle to bring my art to a local market. I sold nothing & got a sunburn (it was 75F & sunny,) but at least I reread "Swords of Talera." Friday night's dream would've been the 30th night of dream recall in a row, but 29's still pretty good.

We watched "Transformers" last night. To put it succinctly, if you're a young teen (particularly with ADHD,) you'll probably like this movie.
The Pern novel is also a "hold over" from real life--I mentioned something to Charles about them yesterday.

The painting ("Inner Child," which has since sold,) was done around Halloween. I wanted to do something in the spirit of the holiday, something haunted or monstrous. Originally the figure was going to loom in the middle of the painting, reaching, but at the very last minute I decided to make it hunched & malformed, cowering in a corner. I've noticed that much of what I paint has an element of symmetry to it--this is a rare exception & in this case I think it works better.

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I like that painting. Yeah, the Transformers was certainly kinetic. But ultimately rather silly. I sort of figured it might be.

Lana Gramlich said...

Call me a purist, but I still prefer the cartoon. *L*

Related Posts with Thumbnails