My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Last Night's Dream; Astronomy & Shoe Trouble?

I was with others at nighttime. They were pointing out a new Messier object (a globular cluster or some such,) but it looked like the Pleiades to me. Later a woman was definitely in trouble, but she deserved it. Something about shoes?

I've been up late nights working on a painting, so I've been needing my sleep (thus the short-ish dream snippets lately.) I only remembered the part about the Pleaides late this evening (when I stepped outside & saw stars for the first time in a while.) I don't remember the M number assigned, unfortunately.

Another picture of the sky at Lake Ramsay yesterday.

11 comments:

Church Lady said...

Beautiful sky picture!
What kind of painting? What materials do you use? (I will limit my questions to two, for now)
:-)

Lana Gramlich said...

church lady; Thanks. I'm often awestruck by the cloud formations down here!
The painting's a more detailed rework of Cedar Bay.
I work primarily in acrylics.

Crayons said...

Hi Lana,

This is a stunning photo. The only thing that a camera cannot capture is the feeling of the fleeting moment as the sky changes.

I'll be interested to see your painting.

Shauna Roberts said...

I love the sky photo too. There's so much going on, it could serve as a good inspiration for a story.

Erik Donald France said...

Yes, beautiful, catches the energy.

Julie said...

...that sky is something else again; particularly the winter shade of blue grey! I've been looking at last years journals, and found I've recorded more dreams than I thought I had. Think its a very good idea to keep them in a separate file/place like you've done.

Charles Gramlich said...

Yes we have some great skies. Nearly as big as Texas, but with more clouds and moods.

Lana Gramlich said...

Thanks all, for the kind words on the photo. :)

Caroline; The painting should be finished soon.

Julie; Cool on the dreams!

Charles; Indeed!

Church Lady said...

OOO! That's beautiful, Lana! I love the colors and the details.

Kate S said...

Hmm... isn't that the second dream of skies and shoes? Maybe your psychologist husband can figure that out... lol

Beautiful photos.

Lana Gramlich said...

Church Lady; Thank you. It was inspired by a photo I have of my fave hangout in Ontario.

Kate S; Good point. I was just noting last night that the shoes/skies remind me of being grounded, yet reaching for the sky.

Related Posts with Thumbnails