My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Mandeville Trailhead Community Market

As previously mentioned, today Charles & I went to vend at the MTCM. Although it was breezy & cloudy, temps were in the high 70s & the rain held off. I managed to sell a couple of paintings, both to one person. One was the yellow abstract with the red stripe (hanging on the gridwall in the picture,) the other was "Inner Child." My faith in humanity is restored!
The boy in this picture was with the people in the booth next door. He wasn't terribly outgoing or friendly until Charles mentioned Harry Potter, when he suddenly jerked to a stop & hung around to talk a bit. Kids are funny.
Although I'd remembered some of my dreams from last night, the speed at which I had to get conscious & moving this morning banished them to obscurity. Tomorrow will undoubtedly be better, as I'll be sleeping in & taking my time getting up. Ahhhhh...

9 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Yeah, someone had some taste. That's cool!

Marvin said...

Congratulations on your sales.

Julie said...

Yes, congratulations; really nice shot of the little lad and your stall. Make a painting in its own right!

Crayons said...

Ha! I was going to say what Julie said. It's a neat composition, and there's a story in there.

Ideally your paintings would stand in their own right, just as a tree stands in a forest or a stone in a stream. However, I imagine that there is something delightful about being desired and purchased. Bravo.

Lana Gramlich said...

Charles; I knew there had to be someone in St. Tammany!

Marvin; Thank you kindly.

Julie & Carolyn; The problem with art is that if you don't move it, it piles up in one's house rather quickly. Mine is already full enough of my paintings & I hate to leave things stacked against a wall, collecting dust.
Right now selling my art has less to do with my ego & more to do with paying for my unexpected transmission rebuild. Only $1420 to go. <:\

minus273 said...

The photo is sorta Norman Rockwell runs headfirst into the 21st century.
Looking at it makes several stories in my imagination.
You are really good with a camera.
Also loved the palmetto on Dec. 22.

Lana Gramlich said...

minus273; Thank you very much!

Julie said...

...Lana; I know the feeling. The year I did the art course and was working with a dealer - well, you can imagine. When son2 did Art we had a major clear out - apart from a few special pieces, now keep records on computer rather than work itself.

Lana Gramlich said...

Julie; Good thinking!

Related Posts with Thumbnails