My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Friday, December 14, 2007

Purple Mountain & Last Night's Dream; Nip/Tuck, Garage Sale & Trapped at Wal*Mart

I was in a ground floor room w/large windows (kind of like a store,) watching Nip/Tuck on TV. I thought about someone in the area who everyone recently considered a hero. Soon I had to move to a different TV, outside, down near an uninhabited cul-de-sac. The area was overgrown with weeds. I mentioned the show to others I met on the way, laughing about it. Soon a man came to tell me about a garage sale nearby. I turned around to find the street area filled with furniture & other things. The man mentioned that a wooden desk for sale had been reduced by "5 figures." I went to check it out—it was small with few drawers (if any,) & it was still over $500. The man was standing by a woman, smiling at me. Considering the desk was still way overpriced, I moved away (at which the man's smile faded.) Later I had to go to Wal*Mart for something. The only entrance was a shipping entrance in the back. No one was there. I went through the first shipping (metal, roll-down style,) door & as I headed toward the 2nd (which opened into the store,) it started to close. I moaned about not having made it in time as I reached the closing door. When I turned to leave, I saw that the other one had closed, too, leaving me stuck in an empty space between the doors. I started getting upset pretty quickly, but knew that kicking & screaming wouldn't do any good. Considering how quiet the area was, I had no idea how long I’d be stuck there. As I considered that they might be closed for the weekend, panic started setting in. I went to the 1st door (to the outside,) & started kicking & screaming. Although no one came, soon I realized I'd be able to push the bottom of the door out enough to squeeze through, which I did.

Charles got me into Nip/Tuck, somehow. I remember seeing previews when it was first coming out & thinking I would never watch that show. It's not what I had expected, however. Very strange. Sometimes very funny. I'm not entirely impressed with this season so far, though.
Although I love "garage sailing," I haven't done it in years.
We avoid shopping at Wal*Mart at all costs, as we don't want to be part of the problem. Unfortunately Wal*Mart's the only place in town where you can get certain things. It's hard to be socially & environmentally responsible when the only choices you have are Wal*Mart or a 35 mile drive (one way.)

I did the painting ("Purple Mountain,") back around Halloween of this year. It has since sold.

5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Nip/Tuck is funnier this year and less dark, but to me it's not quite as good. Still I've gotten kind of attached to the characters.

Lana Gramlich said...

Charles; Hopefully someone will be unexpectedly hit by a bus soon. They should've never left Miami. The show's going too far up its own @$$ these days. <:(

Marvin said...

Getting trapped in a Wally World could ruin your whole night.

I hate to say it, but we do a lot of our shopping at Wal-Mart -- hangs head in shame -- usually when we're on the road going to or from an art fair. What can I say? Wal-Mart has most everything we need from flowers for the booth display, to lunch meat, to sales books to, most importantly, public restrooms.

Lana Gramlich said...

Marvin; I hear you, again. That's the dangerous lure of the store. *sigh* They even have a canopy if you need one (although I was fortunate enough to find one elsewhere when I needed it. *whew*)

disa said...

85cc免費影片,免費影片,免費小遊戲,免費遊戲,小遊戲,遊戲,好玩遊戲,好玩遊戲區,A片,情趣用品,遊戲區,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆,遊戲基地,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,遊戲口袋,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖,A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片,成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室

Related Posts with Thumbnails