My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Quiz & Last Night's Dream; Business & the Black Building

An old client from my former job looked me up to help him with a project, as he knew I'd do a good job (& old company wouldn't.) I told my new employer about it & they were pleased that my reputation brought in new business. Later I was at a college, between 2 big buildings. The one on the right was generic & nondescript, but the one on the left was made of black glass. A small group of young women were near the generic building. Another young woman was on a set of concrete stairs outside the black building. I went up to speak to her. She told me about a woman who had killed herself. I continued up the stairs & went into the building on the 2nd floor.

The picture is of saw palmetto leaves outside of my bank yesterday. I not only loved the colors, but the way some of the fronds weaved themselves together like bright ribbons.

Even if you're not an artist, give the Right Brain/Left Brain Quiz for Artists a shot. If you're not an artist, replace art-related words with those that apply to your own, preferred hobby. I wasn't surprised to see I came right down the middle, 50%/50%. How do you rate?

6 comments:

Erik Donald France said...

"I continued up the stairs & went into the building on the 2nd floor." So dreamscape, very cool. I'll try the test tomorrow -- being left-handed and all, it should be interesting.

This reminds me -- did they ever figure out if someone was in the building they imploded in Vegas not long ago?

Marvin said...

Interesting quiz. I came out 45/55 left brain dominant, which kind of makes sense. On the one hand, I'm a craftsman and most of my work is functional (wooden kitchen utensils). On the other hand, I don't use full-scale production techniques. Each piece is done separately and ends up being a little bit different from all the others.

Lana Gramlich said...

Erik; I'm a lefty, too. Never heard about the Vegas demolition--maybe try Google?

Marvin; I know what you mean.

Charles Gramlich said...

I was going to take it but it's pretty obvious which choices go with which brain side.

Lana Gramlich said...

Charles; How very left brained of you!

Mark said...

I love the image in this post Lana

Related Posts with Thumbnails