My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Friday, January 4, 2008

1st Lines Meme & Dragon Painting

Got this from Ello's blog. The idea is to post the 1st line from the 1st post of every month since you've started blogging. Although I thought this might be an interesting exercise, my 1st lines imply that it might be more interesting for someone else. Here they are, however, at any rate;

Nov. 5/07; Northlake Nature Center
"Charles & I recently discovered Northlake Nature Center."

Dec. 1/07; "Old Man and the Sea" & Last Night's Dream; Sundaes, Tiger Attack & the Psychic
"I was inside somewhere with mom."

Jan. 1/08; Some of Today's Birds
"Pair of male cardinals and a titmouse."

This is a portion of a painting (which has since sold,) that I started in '97. I abandoned it a while back due to loss of interest, but I did like how parts of the dragon came out.

8 comments:

b12dreamer said...

That's pretty interesting. I'd do it, but i'd have only one line :-P

ivan said...

I've changed computers so many times, I think I've lost half my posts.
And memes require thinking, something my banker tells me I refuse to do, though I'd better.

Sidney said...

Interesting concept.My first two would be "Christine found a tie-dyed shirt for me at the Pike Place Market." followed by "Ill. Out."

Sidney said...

Oops, I read them backwards. Second should be: Last night I downloaded "Our Deliverance" by the Indigo Girls from iTunes.

Toni said...

Thanks Lana for stopping by my blog.
I like the colors in your piece here. I have also abandon art when it was not coming out the way I envisioned it. Sometimes when we go back we see with fresh eyes and can either fix or start a new painting that would be better. Keep painting.

Lana Gramlich said...

b12dreamer; Someday we'll BOTH have enough entries to try this again!

Ivan; *LOL!*

Sidney; Cool.

Toni; Thanks!

Thought Bubble Ten said...

Did you do the painting? It's lovely. Just a delight to look at :)

Lana Gramlich said...

Yes, Thought Bubble Ten, I did the painting. I'm glad you like it. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails