My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Friday, January 18, 2008

Ducks & Last Night's Dream; Refrigerators

I was with a woman inside. She'd been given a task regarding contacting people about their refrigerators. I decided I'd try to help her out. We called various people. I got a wrong number at one point. People weren't being very cooperative, so we discussed & tried various tactics. In one instance the woman would ask the owner if their refrigerator had gotten moldy. We'd both thought that was a good idea. A man in charge came by while she was doing it & berated her, saying, "Refrigerators get moldy for other reasons too, you know." Although we'd been proud of ourselves, his comment really burst our bubble.

People "in charge" (or other authority figures,) in my dreams probably indicate a lack of control over aspects of my life or Self. Technically the man here wasn't my boss, but the woman was most likely a part of my Self, anyway. What part she represents I can't say yet, but we were clearly having communication problems (as symbolized by the phones.)

The picture is of some ducks in Toronto taken some years ago. I like the light & contrast in this one.

13 comments:

Church Lady said...

Interesting. If this were my dream, I would interpret it like this:
I have a problem and I have been thinking of various solutions. But my solutions haven't included all of the root causes of the problem, so I am missing something.

Does this make sense?

Lana Gramlich said...

Church Lady; It totally makes sense & I'll be giving it further consideration later.
In all honesty, though, I suspect that much of this dream had to do with noticing the other day (in "real" life,) that I need to clean our fridge out (not that it's moldy, but there are a few crumbs & drips here & there.)
I'm going to post more about dream interpretation in the near future, so I'll refrain from giving it away here. Stay tuned, however.

Erik Donald France said...

It also seems like a library challenge, working with patrons on a tough query ;)

Miladysa said...

This is my favourite photograph so far - absolutely lovely!

Can't wait to hear more about the dream interpretation :)

Lana Gramlich said...

Erik; At "library associate 1" I don't do tough queries. ;) *LOL*

Miladysa; Thanks again. I'll try to post on that tomorrow.

ivan said...

Strange.
I am a man, but I had the self-same dream almost thirty years ago.
I wrote a book about it, but never got the full import of the dream.

What a revelation. Authority figures. The life I had was not really my life...or so it seemed to me at the time.

Marvin said...

Very cool photo of the ducks.

Will stay tuned for Dream Interpretation 101.

Lana Gramlich said...

Ivan; Strange and interesting, yes!

Marvin; Thank you. Our weather is stormy here this morning so I may lose my internet connection, but I'll do what I can.

Lisa said...

What an interesting dream!
LOVE the photo . . . the light is so dreamy! No pun intended.

Ello said...

This dream reminds me that I have to clean my fridge out. Thanks a bunch! ;o)

And I love the picture!

Lana Gramlich said...

Lisa & Ello; Thank you. :)

Chris said...

I like the sunlight reflecting in the water with duckie silhouettes! Nice picture :)

Lana Gramlich said...

Chris; Thanks. I like the way it came out almost colorless (but for the slight gold tinges from the light.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails