My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Last Night's Dream; German Women, Counterfeit Money & Saving Animals in Peru

I was outside in a neighborhood with others. In the street near a tall building a bunch of German women were jumping preternaturally high in unison. They were all dressed alike & holding large, rectangular pieces of paper. The group I was with went inside. When I left soon after the women were gone. Out in the street I found an unusually large $100 bill. The back of it was printed newspaper. I realized that it was one of the papers the German women had. There were others in the street. I gathered them up & gave them to someone. Later I was with others on a train in Peru. The main man in our group had a bunch of animals in cages. We were all working to protect them. During one stop I took a large lizard (like a Komodo dragon, but smaller,) out for a walk on a leash. When we reached our destination, one of us got into a slightly rusted, orange, white & turquoise taxi. Our main man had purchased it to use toward our purpose of protecting the animals. Standing nearby with another person from our group, they commented on how neat it looked, kind of "old school." Later we went into a funeral home. A man called me over to a private table to speak to me. After that I went outside, where the taxi was parked in a grassy area. I took it & drove to a covered area with train tracks, where a couple of people (including an overweight man,) were waiting for me.

Peru came up most likely because I was web searching sites on Tiahuanaco last night.

The picture is from my old, main hiking place in Canada. The gravel path is leftover from previous train tracks & was a wonderful place to fossil-hunt. Since then, the entire path has been paved over, creating a formal hiking trail about 10 miles long.

20 comments:

Sidney said...

Christine and I keep thinking about a visit to Canada but haven't made the leap yet. I guess we need to. We love the Pacific Northwest.

oldmanlincoln said...

Thank you for the visit. I appreciate the comment too. Birds are nice.

I like your photos.

Lana Gramlich said...

Sidney; Much of Canada is absolutely breathtaking. I lived (mainly,) in the Niagara Region. There's SO much to do & see there besides the Falls, from the Niagara Escarpment to the Butterfly Conservatory to the Brock Monument (commemorating the @$$-whoopin' delivered to the Americans in the war of 1812.) Toronto's just over an hour away, with a whole other gazillion things to do & see.
The Pacific Northwest is definitely on my "to do" list.

Lincoln; Thank you kindly. Back atcha, as always. ;)

david mcmahon said...

I can't recall the last time I had a dream, Lana!!

Just on my way to check out that sunset picture youo told me about ....

david mcmahon said...

Wow, Lana, that is one astounding photo. Great range of colours.

Say hi to Charles for me ....

Lana Gramlich said...

David; Dream recall really only takes some practice. I went from 6 dreams one year to over 240 the next, once I started working on it.
Thanks for the comment on the sunset. I was so glad I wasn't stuck in some building at the time, oblivious to the stunning beauty outside.
Will pass along your greeting. :)

Travis said...

I love that picture. It looks like such a serene path.

Erik Donald France said...

That is such a cool picture.

German women -- much cooler than German men ;)

Charles Gramlich said...

I hate to say it, but your German women dream reminds me of the ending of the "Man Show" with women jumping on trampolines.

Lana Gramlich said...

Travis; It's a wonderful area. Once a half dozen butterflies landed on my shirt very close to this spot. It was pretty cool. :)

Erik; No German woman is better than MY German man, sorry!

Charles; I've never seen that, actually. The women in my dream were covered head to toe, now that I think of it. They even wore hats.

Brave Astronaut said...

Well, "fifteen's my limit on schitzengruben."

The level of your dreams astonishes me. I guess I must just be too tired, for I cannot usually recall my dreams.

I got mail the other day. Thanks very much! I love it!

Natural Woman said...

dreaming is so fun. i can make myself dream about a specific thing. it might not always be that night, but it happens. i found my library card that way.

Julie at Virtual Voyage said...

Surreal dream, lana! The photo is similar to woodland walks we had in Surrey - most densely 'treed' area of England.

Miladysa said...

I lol when I saw the title of this post - it tickled me for some reason.

The photograph could have been taken across the road from where I live. I honestly had to look at it twice to convince myself it had not been taken locally!

Lana Gramlich said...

BA; *LOL @ the "limit."* Dream recall really just takes practice & few people have the time to devote to it, unfortunately.
Glad the mail reached you...I was starting to wonder just last night, actually. Enjoy it in good health. :)

Natural Woman; That's cool. I once found a missing pair of scissors with dream help, myself.

Julie; You can't tell from this photo, but this area is virtually sandwiched between wide open fields (they become more prominent behind me from this angle.) Still, the whole area (this path intersects with a larger path not far from this spot,) was just lovely & peaceful.

Miladysa; Yes, in retrospect the title is a bit of a chuckler. Very obscure & strange--but that's dreams for you!
Too much on the doppleganger woods! I've heard of carbon copies of people, but forests? Bizarre & cool!

Crayons said...

Wow, that hiking path looks so inviting!

mon@rch said...

I am not a big dreamer but when I do . . . crazy things happen! Thanks for sharing!

Lana Gramlich said...

Caroline; It certainly was.

Mon@rch; Sometimes I wake from a particularly wacky dream & just have to shake my head, y'know?

ivan said...

Hard to access your comment space today.

But hello anyway.

Lana Gramlich said...

Ivan; Sorry. Blogger seems to be somewhat glitchy these days. Thanks for your persistence. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails