My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Another New Bird & Last Night's Dream; Another Flood

I didn't sleep well last night & the phone woke me early this morning, so I was too distracted today to recall much.

I was looking over an outside (nature) area with some people in it. Soon afterwards the area was flooded.

The only difference between the flood in this dream & yesterday's is that this one was in a natural setting, as opposed to a road. In both cases I was looking over the area, which had people in it. These days I'm never sure if flooding in my dreams is symbolic or stems from my memories of Hurricane Katrina. Considering that there's still lots of Katrina evidence around, I tend to lean toward the latter. If it's symbolic, however, what do you think a flood might indicate in a dream?

This past weekend was my first sighting of red-winged blackbirds since I moved here (about 4 years ago.) Although I was delighted to see them, I'm even more delighted to report that about 10 of them were noshing in our backyard yesterday (see picture.) The yard was so full of birds again this morning that it looked like the ground was writhing. It reminds me of Raiders of the Lost Ark; "Indy...Why does the floor move?"

8 comments:

Shauna Roberts said...

A flood might symbolize feeling overwhelmed and not up to the challenge. (Think of the phrases "drowning in bills" and "flooded with memories.")

I spent a summer at the University of Minnesota's field school at Lake Itasca, the source of the Mississippi. Red-winged blackbirds were abundant there, more than I've seen anywhere else I've lived or been. Catching that flash of red out of the corner of my eye was always a treat.

Avery said...

I think floods in standard dream interpretations have something to do with stress and repressed feelings. Probably goes hand-n-hand with the actual flood, then.

T.R. said...

You've created a beautiful world there. Even your dreams seem beautiful.

Since your not in the flood - maybe you are washing something away. Sounds like you rise above it anyway.

Crayons said...

Interesting dream. Red-winged blackbirds are one of my favorite birds.

You have upset me by evoking that scene from "Raiders."

Lana Gramlich said...

Shauna; Exactly what I was thinking (on the flood.) Water to me often symbolizes the emotional/intuitive realm, so a flood would tend to imply being emotionally overwhelmed. Thanks for the input.
According to Cornell, the red-winged blackbird is one of the most abundant birds in the country. I'm surprised I hadn't seen any in 4 years, actually. Years ago I'd practiced their trill, until I could get them to come very close to me (investigating.)

Avery; Good points. Sudden release of pent up energies, etc., etc. Hadn't really looked at it that way.

t.r.; Thank you! Yes, at least I'm an onlooker in the flood, not a soaked participant. Perhaps that's part of it, really. We were pretty much spared during Katrina (sometimes I'm amazed at how many proverbial bullets we dodged through the entire ordeal,) but I hurt deeply for those who weren't so lucky. In my overlooking them, I can see how down they are (in so many ways; financially, emotionally, etc.)

Caroline; Oopsie! Sorry about the scene from Raiders...Just replace the nasties with birds (like in my yard,) & it becomes quite harmless!

Julie said...

Book on dream symbolism I had related floods to emotion, or being overwhelmed with emotion in some way - but if that doesn't fit the context it may be what you said about Katrina and visiting parks with water or something?

That red blackbird is certainly distinctive.

Lana Gramlich said...

Julie; The question was geared more toward what does it mean to you (generally speaking) when you dream of a flood. I already know what it means to me.

disa said...

情趣,情趣用品,情趣,A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片,成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室,視訊聊天,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,6k聊天室,視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,視訊美女,視訊做愛,正妹牆,美女交友,玩美女人,美女,美女寫真,美女遊戲,hi5,hilive,hi5 tv,a383,微風論壇,微風,伊莉

Related Posts with Thumbnails