My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Last Night's Dream; Flying Truck, Jail & Liquor Store

I was outside at night with my ex & another man. A cop came & busted me for something. They were very nice about it--it was just a minor formality, not a big deal. They didn't arrest me, but instead told me I had to report to jail for an overnight stay. I agreed, thinking it was going to be a woman-only jail, which certainly wouldn't be SO bad. I went inside to pack a small, rectangular bag of books to bring with me. We went back outside, where my ex said he'd go get the truck (so they could give me a ride.) As I waited in the street with the other man, we saw him coming down the street toward us, going fast. Before he reached us, the truck went airborne, flying over neighboring houses. Parts on the underside glowed bright orange. Soon a blue flame shot out from the rear tire. The guy with me said, "THAT can't be good." The truck suddenly plummeted to the ground, landing in a neighbor's driveway, within inches of their truck. We rushed over to find that no damage had been done to people or property. My ex got out of the truck & left it there. Someone in a small car ended up giving me a ride by the jail. They went all the way around the building & ended up dropping me off as far from the entrance as possible. I walked back to the front & went in. I was surprised to find that the inmates were all unguarded, sitting on a large semi-circle of bleachers (like theater seating, but steeper, larger & outdoors.) There were a lot of people, many of them tremendously bored. I was glad I'd brought my books & realized that my stay was going to be a piece of cake. I found a seat about 1/4 of the way down from the top. Some people came while I read, but more left. Eventually someone came & told me I was free to go. I looked down the aisle, which was blocked part of the way down. I wasn't going to be able to go any other way, however. As I started down, the people in that area took their seats, clearing the aisle for my departure. Outside the jail I went to the area where I'd been dropped off, waiting to be picked up. It was close to a liquor store, where I stopped to buy myself an obscure & sweet liqueur. I let a couple of people outside taste it. They liked it & asked where the liquor store was. I said it was around the corner. Others coming through the area (walking, on bikes or driving,) also stopped for directions to the liquor store, which I gave them. The last guy was in a car & drove so fast I realized he almost passed it & in his sharp turn, he almost crashed into the building. Everything was okay, though.

Symbols here from other recent dreams; trucks (although not commercial type rigs, like the other day,) 2 men & jail/loose confinement.

In sympathy for my Northern visitors, the photo is of Niagara Falls in Winter. Always a magical spectacle & no crowds (as no one really enjoys being turned into a human popsicle that quickly. Just ask Han Solo.)

11 comments:

eric1313 said...

That reminds me of a dream I had once about being in a Ford Mustang that I don't remember stealing, but I somehow knew it was stolen. It was also on fire, as the cops chased me. I was smoking a giant blunt an preparing to pull over the whole dream. Very odd, indeed.

You read Fingerprints of the Gods, too? Excellent book, even if he is a glorified crackpot. His evidence is compelling, as is the final chapter, about the ancient Vedas, and how they described the "flying metal chariots of the gods". Very cool read. I think I remember recommending it, actually. Either way, cool beans.

Lana Gramlich said...

Eric; Sounds like that was one hot car. ;) Yes, I read Fingerprints of the Gods. It kept appearing in my life, so when I finally saw it for $4 at a 2nd hand store I figured, "what the heck." Interesting, certainly. Food for thought.

Michelle's Spell said...

That dream is really cool -- lots of great imagery with the jail, trucks, books. I LOVE the picture -- the cold is harsh, but beautiful. I've started to adapt after ten years, but now that's it all of NINE degrees here today (we literally had a forty degree drop last night), I'm going to be hurting on the work today and wishing for that mild Texas winter.

Erik Donald France said...

Lana, are you sure you haven't flown north via the astral plane?

Love the Niagara Falls shot. Did not love having my car doors frozen shut.

Lana Gramlich said...

Michelle; We had a 25 degree drop last night, ourselves (which makes it 50 today, but I can still sympathize...& I can still remember how nasty cold wet I got taking that picture. I'm glad I got it but yeesh! How we suffer for our art! *L*)

Eric; I think at this time of year ALL parts of me remove "North" from the internal compass. I hear you on the car doors. I once worked 13 hour nights within a mile of the Falls. At the end of my 1st shift I went out to find my car encased in a solid inch of ice. Fortunately I had an ice scraper...in my trunk! <:( I didn't make THAT mistake again!

oldmanlincoln said...

We are below zero here in Ohio or the wind chill is. Man it is really windy and cold. Montana is minus 54 and Minnesota is minus 38. We are minus 16. -54 and -38 and -16.

Just wanted to thank you for visiting and commenting on my bird blog about the gold finch. Thanks.

Lana Gramlich said...

Lincoln; Ack! I will never miss that kind of cold! I always enjoy visiting & commenting on your blog. Thanks for reciprocating. :)

Julie at Virtual Journey said...

The dream reads like a novel.
If that's the horseshoe, I've stood on that spot and photographed it as well - would love to see it the years it freezes. Met a guy who goes ice climbing, and he talked about it.
I'm just having a laugh looking for pics for the Time mag cover....

Lana Gramlich said...

Julie; If you look in the background you can see the "beginning" of the horseshoe. The rest was lost in the plentiful, freezing mist (the prominent gray & the spots in the picture.)
Niagara Falls never freezes. 4 million cubic feet of rushing water per minute (on average,) is just too much. The Niagara Power Generation (for whom I worked briefly,) can virtually shut it off, but this hasn't happened since 1969.

Lana Gramlich said...

Julie; BTW, if you're interested, there are various Niagara Falls webcams online. Here's one for you.

muthu said...

Fuel is the adrenaline of any car, truck or engine. Thus, it is every vehicle owner's wish to enhance the fuel of their car and save more of it as well. With this in mind, the most innovative fuel-saving tool in the automotive industry was conceptualized and created: the Tornado Fuel saver. An automotive air channeling tool that creates a swirling air motion, the Tornado Fuel Saver allows the air to move in a faster and more efficient way by whirling air around corners and bends. Hence, more fuel is saved.

Related Posts with Thumbnails