My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Last Night's Dream; Pix, Waterfall & Roof

I was outside speaking with someone & had my camera. The cloudy sky started to break quickly, allowing sunlight to filter through. I took pictures of it. Later I was on a platform near a narrow waterfall in the woods, talking with a woman. We weren't in sight of the falls, we were around a corner from them. We left, but soon I realized she should see the falls before we go, so I took her back. There wasn't a lot of water coming over the falls (which were in the shape of a tight semi-circle,) but it was still very pretty. Yet later a guy from my old high school was fixing a roof. Edges of some of the shingles had lifted & he was nailing them back down.

The semi-circular falls remind me of Niagara's horseshoe falls, although my dream falls were considerably smaller in both size & volume. The roof fixing probably stems from the fact that I briefly awoke this morning to heavy rains.

8 comments:

Michelle's Spell said...

I love the idea of recording dreams. I've often tried, but been unable to stick with it. One of my profs swore by it as being better than any kind of journal or therapy. I think I'm going to give it another shot soon!

Lana Gramlich said...

michelle's spell; I highly recommend it, as well. It does take a little effort, but there's so much payback!

Kawana Aminata Oliver said...

Nice Pics Gurl ;-)

Steve Malley said...

Dang, you always get the cool dreams! Last night I dreamed I was a black man doing a large painting. I may have been French. All I know, I woke up after *hours* of dreaming about painting feeling like I'd just done a full day's work!

I kept a dream journal for two years once - nothing. My theory is that all the cool symbolism and instruction come out in my work...

Lana Gramlich said...

kawana; Thank you!

steve; The trick about dream journaling is not just to look toward analysis, but at precognition, as well. I've had dreams that played out almost to a T in my "real" life a few days later! Dreams can also serve as creative fodder (for paintings, sketches, etc.) I hear you about feeling like you've done a day's work, though. I hate when I dream I'm at work for that very reason. At least I like my current job, though!

Christina said...

That sounds like a really peaceful dream. Most of mine are a little uptight and violent.

Miladysa said...

Iana that photograph is amazing! The colour of the birds is fantastic and I love the light in the picture - what time of day was it taken?

The dream sounds as if it could inspire a story - it already inspired a post :)

Lana Gramlich said...

christina; Thanks for stopping by. I have my share of disturbing dreams, believe me. I've been shot at, slashed, drowned, choked & even stabbed in my ear with an ice pick (to the hilt, no less.) Although they can be disconcerting at the time, I often prefer them to more mundane dreams because they're more vivid & exciting. I may not recall all the details of this dream 10 years from now, but I'll never forget being stabbed in the ear with an ice pick.

miladysa; Thank you! I took the picture probably around 10-11am on a cloudy day. I loved being able to capture these 2 bright birds together. They don't typically tolerate each other so well.
Glad to hear about the inspiration. I'm flattered. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails