My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Monday, January 21, 2008

Painting & Last Night's Dream; Brushes with Fame

I was with a woman, who brought up the movie, "Being John Malkovich." I started joking about the actor being extremely homosexual (not that there's anything wrong with that,) at which point she mentioned that he was standing behind me. Later I rode a scooter into an automotive shop to get gas (the pumps were inside.) Barry Manilow was there in a convertible. Someone told me that he was my biological uncle & after speaking briefly with him, he left. I was thrilled to have found a biological relative. Uncle Bud was driving a convertible there, too, with Aunt Fran & 2 other family members as passengers. He pulled up to the gas pump. Although I saw all of them, we didn't speak. I had a little spat with another woman there & got on my scooter to leave, but it was wedged between the front of my Uncle's convertible & the wall near the door. Eventually I was able to get out.

I actually did have mopeds & scooters in the past, most recently (in the late 90's,) the exact model pictured here. It was a great little bike & although I got teased a lot about it, everyone wanted to take it for a spin, too.
Out of my numerous Aunts & Uncles, only my Aunt Fran is still alive. Although I didn't speak with any of my adoptive relatives, there was no ill will there, no anger. We just didn't have much to say. The idea of a biological uncle crept into this dream as I was recently thinking about my own biological background, which I know nothing about & sometimes wish I did.
Note; I know nothing in actuality about John Malkovich's sexuality, nor do I care. This was just a dream, so don't go running around saying "John Malkovich is gay!"

The painting is a different take on my yellow abstract. I'm also currently working on a repaint of "Birds of Rhiannon," which I sold last November. Just trying to keep painting while I await the next new inspiration. (Update; this painting sold, Feb. 2008.)

13 comments:

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Lana,

Very cool picture! I'm pretty sure JM is gay, much to a lot of women's sadness. I've always loved that movie and the follow up, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I liked what you said about Intervention -- trainwreck for sure! And my grandparents would have been much like your mother -- I can't imagine bringing someone in to talk to them in any kind of rational way without that someone getting hit with a beer bottle or something.

Lana Gramlich said...

Michelle; Actually I've never seen either of those movies, but they're on my list. *LOL on the beer bottle.* I guess you never see those kinds of people on Intervention because they certainly would NOT agree to be on it. Perhaps those are the scariest addicts of all...

Charles Gramlich said...

I've never seen either of those movies either, although I half feel that I should. It never occurred to me that John Malkovich might be gay. But, then, I shared an office in graduate school for four years with the president of the Gay student organization on campus and never knew he was gay.

Lana Gramlich said...

Charles; I've heard a LOT of good things about Eternal Sunshine...not much on the other (although it seems intriguing.) I don't care much either way, but JM does strike me as gay--perhaps that's just how good an actor he is.

Miladysa said...

lol @ Charles - my husband never notices either!

Another unusual dream Iana :)

I was interested to read that you do not know anything about your biological background - have you heard of MTDNA? It can tell you a lot about you ancestral origins if you are interested?

Let me know if you find this link of interest:

http://www.oxfordancestors.com/your-maternal.html

Lana Gramlich said...

Miladysa; Thanks for the link. I've been aware of such services as the one you've pointed out, it's just an awful lot of money for general info. I can probably rest assured that I have a white, European background without having to pay $400US-ish. I sometimes wish I could find out more than that, however. More personal things about my biological parents & their lineages. I appreciate the input, though! :)

Marvin said...

You had quite a cast of characters in that dream.

Church Lady said...

I love your dream posts.
Do you think the convertible represents freedom? That if you somehow knew your biological relatives your mind would feel free? And Barry Manilow, to me, represents emotion. So maybe it's the freeing of emotion?
I don't know.

I didn't thoroughly read your Part 1 yet. I skimmed it, and want to come back. I'm fascinated with the meanings of dreams. I had a disturbing one two nights ago. I wish I could get it out of my head.

Miladysa said...

The Oxford Ancestors test is expensive but it gives good background information. The test at Family Tree DNA is a lot less expensive.

Julie said...

Just catching up in a break from decorating - neat little quiz. I tried it with first and second choices and got the same answer.

I went through a phase of being interested in dream symbolism and metaphor (mostly when I was journaling a lot and had more time to record them!) - think its certainly a rich area to look into.

I find the question as to why we need to dream at all a significant one. Thought provoking posts.

Hope the painting goes well.

Erik Donald France said...

Love the painting -- Swedish colors and all. Barry Manilow, eh? VAHRY EENTERESTEENG

Lana Gramlich said...

Marvin; Now that I think of it, famous people in my dreams are male more often than not. Thanks for giving my brain a nudge with that comment, even though it really had nothing to do with it! *LOL*

Church Lady; You might be on to something there. I haven't had much time to work on interpretations lately. Barry Manilow & the convertibles may point to my life in 1982 for various reasons, however. There's also something about the (top down) convertibles that suggests exposure, too, like a truth revealed.

Miladysa; Thanks for another tip! When my finances allow I'll probably look further into it. Right now I'm a bit squeezed, however.

Julie; So what was your answer to the quiz? "You should be a Master of Suspense?" *LOL*
I really enjoy the creativity of the dream interpretation process. My brain loves the exercise.
Why we dream is a question I doubt we'll answer any time soon. Very intriguing, yes.
The painting would go better if my local art supply store wasn't sold out of virtually everything I need, admittedly. <:\ Thanks, though...It's coming along.

Erik; The Swedish colors didn't dawn on me until you mentioned it, actually. The blue was supposed to have more purple in it, but I've been running out of too many colors recently.

disa said...

一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片,成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室,視訊聊天,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,6k聊天室,視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,視訊美女,視訊做愛,正妹牆,美女交友,玩美女人,美女,美女寫真,美女遊戲,hi5,hilive,hi5 tv,a383,微風論壇,微風,伊莉,伊莉討論區,伊莉論壇,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,plus,痴漢論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性愛,性感影片,校園正妹牆,正妹,AV,AV女優,SEX,走光,a片,a片免費看,A漫,h漫,成人漫畫

Related Posts with Thumbnails