My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Tuesday Night's Dream

Sorry I haven't posted in the last couple of days--been busy with mundania. I hope to catch up after work today.

I was going to a talk or lecture. Trying to decide whether to bring a regular notebook or my graph paper book, I asked someone what they thought. Later I was walking down a path outside. The farther down the path a person went, the more potentially spiritual & painful it got. A spiritual teacher was sitting in a chair partway down the path, waiting to speak. Yet later I was at a (Punjab?) wedding with 2 computers to monitor, one being medical. John DeLancie was on the medical one. Soon time was up for both computers. I went up to seek volunteers for the next bit of time. I tried putting John DeLancie's name in the computer, but I couldn't remember it, so I put "Q" instead. No one was volunteering to take a turn, so I said I'd take the medical one; "It can't be hard to tell people 'you’ll be okay,' after all." Instead of laughs, the comment was received with complete silence.

We're back to the recent wedding theme with this one (see below.)

Woke this morning to 2 crows making a heck of a racket over a red-shouldered hawk in my backyard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Further notes (now that I have some time);

Not only are we back to the wedding theme here, but again Punjabi people are probably involved.
The famous people in my recent dreams were all men with last names of 3 syllables each. 2 out of the 3 were John. Although I sometimes suspected that John DeLancie is gay (like John Malkovich in my other dream,) he's married & has kids. In his role as the omnipotent "Q" on Star Trek, he can also be seen as a spiritual teacher (albeit an obnoxious one, yet again suggesting the painful aspect of spiritual advancement.)

12 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I dreamt of talking animals last night. First it was a bear who was digging in a mound of dirt. Then it was an elongated scorpion with an Anhk like tail that kept trying to sting me.

Birdfreak said...

I need a good dream, where I am birding and there are spring warblers all over! sigh! It is minus 9 degrees this morning, but will warm up by the weekend.

I guess crows aren't the worst alarm clock! ;-)

Demon Hunter said...

I haven't remembered my dreams in a few months. Must be stress. What did the crows do to the hawk? I'm sure the hawk was bigger, right? :*)

Lana Gramlich said...

All; Apologies for the continued lack of recent blog updates. I'm currently at least two days behind on dreams, alone. I hope to correct this soon.

Charles; Sounds like a Critter Christmas to me. Blood orgy, blood orgy! ;)

Birdfreak; Hang in there! (Blue jays make pretty obnoxious alarm clocks, too! *L*)

DH; The crows didn't attack or harass the hawk (which was about the same size,) in any way. They were basically just flying around the area, sounding the alarm.

david mcmahon said...

Wish I could analyse that for you, but I'm a duffer on this subject!

Lana Gramlich said...

David; I appreciate the sentiment, but ultimately I've got to crack it open myself, so to speak.

Miladysa said...

Whow! You have such amazing dreams :]

Julie said...

- Oh, I love the term mundania...!

I came back and had a laugh trying to work out the config on that quiz for author...the sequence I got for fairly honest answers were artist, poet and designer - c'est la vie!!

Can you order art supplies? I used an express delivery service for discount canvas bolts & box frames etc (pretty good reductions)- stuff always arrived promptly - when I was working.

ivan said...

Lana,
Two crows are extremely lucky. Good symbols.
Hawks not so much.

Looks like luck!

Lana Gramlich said...

Miladysa; Now that my life is more stable & sane my dreams are far more tame than they used to be. I still do get whoppers now & then, though.

Julie; Poet is close, at least! Yes, I can order supplies, but express delivery here costs an arm & a leg & ultimately my local store should be resupplied by this weekend, anyway. ;)

Marvin said...

Many times crows have found raptors (often owls) for me.

Lana Gramlich said...

Ivan; I love the hawks just as much as the crows. Any bird is better than squirrels, no matter how you slice it. If only the hawk picked off a couple of those gluttonous @#$%^&*s! <:(

Marvin; I believe this pair is nesting locally, as I see them fairly regularly. They don't come for seeds, of course, but they will stop by for apple bits. Gotta keep the local bird security guards fed, after all.

Related Posts with Thumbnails