My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Last Night's Dream; Strange Sound

I was with a group of others, doing a project for work. I heard a strange sound nearby, although when I looked in that direction, I saw nothing. I thought it was some kind of monkey making the noise. It happened again soon after & two of us looked at one another, puzzled. The noisemaker came eventually came into view; it was just someone with a mundane power tool (like a lawn mower or a chain saw.)

The project for work was not related to my "real life" job in any way.

Another picture from Canada. Can you tell I've been digitizing old photos lately?

10 comments:

Julie at Virtual Voyage said...

Your dream reminded me we had a guy sawing trees out the back with a chainsaw yesterday...got a random shot of him suspended in the branches. Like this shot - it would lend itself to that craquelure effect, perhaps - (sharpening?)
Hope you've had a good weekend.

Miladysa said...

Gorgeous photograph.

The 'almost' monkey in the dream made me laugh :)

Travis said...

Odd noises...we just got a new washing machine that we are breaking in today, and it makes an odd hi-pitched sound to alert us when it is changing cycles.

Chris said...

Funny dream and beautiful picture! Canada must have been great. I think Canada's snow misses you! HAHAHA.
:)

Lana Gramlich said...

Julie; I sharpened it as much as I could, actually. Any sharper & the leafy ground became overpowering & looked horrible.

Miladysa; Thanks. I think I was a bit bummed that it turned out NOT to be a monkey (although I was slightly relieved, too, as they're potentially deadly animals!)

Travis; Ahhhhhhh. So it was your washing machine, all along. ;)

Chris; The sn*w can miss me all it wants. The feeling is NOT reciprocal! *L*

Veery said...

Great photo, I love Canada. I watched War of the Worlds this weekend mixed with a zillion Lost show previews - yeah, the dreams were weird this weekend!

Lana Gramlich said...

Veery; I love Canada, too...in Summer. *LOL* Such an abundance of natural beauty! I bet your dreams were "out of this world." ;)

Charles Gramlich said...

Love that trail. I wanna follow it with you.

Lynda Lehmann said...

It's a beautiful photo! Perfect proportion of complementary colors!

Lana Gramlich said...

Charles; To be honest I'm not even sure I remember where it was...Short Hills Provincial Park, maybe?

Lynda; Thank you kindly. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails