My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Sunday, February 17, 2008

LND; Cheating, $4 & English Pubs

Charles cheated one me & thought I would be perfectly okay with it. I was hurt & saddened, instead. Later I worked at a convenience store with others. A woman came to check out & wanted to pay her $2-ish by debit card. As I prepared to swipe it, she asked if I could raise it to $4 so she could get some cash back. I told her I couldn't. She was a bit perturbed, but didn't have much choice. We all went outside later, because something was going on. I ended up walking down a street full of bars (mostly English pub style.) There were Notre Dame fans at all of them, celebrating some win. I was dressed in my Renaissance outfit & decided to go into the 3rd bar, as I clearly wasn't going to find one without the sports fans. They were relatively well behaved, anyway. Everyone was speaking with an English accent.

Lots of things from "real" life here (not including Charles' cheating.) I've worked at 7-Eleven & Circle K in the past, recent research into Monty Python & the Holy Grail brought up at least 3 stained glass windows at Notre Dame & on TV yesterday Peter joined a Renaissance fair on Family Guy & later I watched a couple episodes of Keeping Up Appearances.

The picture (from Canada, again,) is of maple leaves in Autumn. I think it'd make a great Christmas card, considering the coloring.

14 comments:

Julie at Virtual Voyage said...

Had to smile at your English pubs; -
I've just posted the pink nuthatch, rather different to your brown headed one.

Lana Gramlich said...

Julie; I thought you would. Will pop over for a gander at your nuthatch (pardon the pun. ;)

Travis said...

I love the color of those leaves.

Miladysa said...

I agree with Travis about the leaves.

"Charles cheated one me & thought I would be perfectly okay with it"

I once had a dream where my husband told me he was leaving me for a transvestite actress - no idea where this came from - when I woke up I thumped him! :]

mon@rch said...

everyone wants the rules changed to benefit them!

Lana Gramlich said...

Travis; Thanks. :)

Miladysa; Thank you.
My ex used to take his dreams out on me for days. It was grossly cruel & unfair, but he was that insecure. I never take dreams out on others.

Lana Gramlich said...

Mon@rch; Ain't it the truth! <:\

Anonymous said...

You can tell me about that cheating. I know where he's coming from.--Hillary

Travis Erwin said...

My wife has had that cheating dream and somehow I was in trouble before I ever got out of bed that morning, despite the fact I am as loyal as any mutt around.

Lana Gramlich said...

Travis; I can sympathize from my experiences w/my ex.

Chris said...

The red and green would make for a nice Christmas card! It's nice to look at some color in the dead of winter we're without color up here!
:(

Michelle (artscapes) said...

Beautiful photo!

You wonder what sparks are in your unconscious when you dream like that! Mine usually include my husband being terribly mad at me for something I cannot remember doing! LOL!

Erik Donald France said...

Nice dream mix-up, always fascinating. I dreamt my parents were flying on jet packs from a car to their doorway, and I was determiend to try one of those jet packs out ;)

Lana Gramlich said...

Chris; Down here the clover's been in bloom for almost a month now & the red maples are starting to bud. Azaleas are already blooming (except mine, which died a few months after we planted it.)

Michelle; Dreams are certainly intriguing. Sometimes I can kinda see what they're about. Sometimes I just have to shake my head & laugh.

Erik; Jet packs? Awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails