My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

LND; Driving in the Rain

A young woman was driving (my view was from right outside the windshield.) It started raining so hard she couldn't see. She pulled herself right up to the steering wheel so she could wipe at the inside of the windshield, trying to see. Her face was somewhat panicked.

Overnight thunderstorms probably inspired this dream. Sometimes the beat of rain while I'm sleeping becomes the crackle of fire in my dreams.

The picture is from an Autumn afternoon at Short Hills Provincial Park. Inspiration for a painting I did in 2009.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful autumn colors here, Lana.
I wish you wonderful happy dreams tonight!

Julie at Virtual Voyage said...

Lovely forest shot - could do with a walk!

Erik Donald France said...

there's something cool *and* spooky about a PoV from Outside the windshield. . . . .

Lana Gramlich said...

Lisa; Thanks, again. :)

Julie; This was a great place for hiking--the largest provincial park in the Niagara Region. Waterfalls, ruins of old mills, etc. Quite nice.

Erik; Yes, it was very odd...

Natural Woman said...

good pic. looks like a nice place to sit, relax and write.

mon@rch said...

I really hate when it rain's that hard! It always seems to be in a location that I can't stop!

Lana Gramlich said...

Natural Woman; Yes. I used to like writing haiku out in the woods.

Mon@rch; I hear you, brother!

Michelle's Spell said...

The thunderstorm sounds so nice -- beautiful picture! It snowed so hard here last night that my evening class got cancelled (which almost never happens, the cancelling I mean), making me KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that there is a God. :)

Lana Gramlich said...

Michelle; Blogger seems to have eaten my previous reply!
I love thunderstorms. Glad your class was cancelled, even IF sn*w was involved!

Related Posts with Thumbnails