My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Saturday, February 23, 2008

LND; Wealthy "Friends" & Kit Car

I was visiting wealthy friends. They had a huge house on hundreds of acres of land. Most of the family were very snobbish. The father was the most bearable, so I went to see him. He was in a large room, upstairs, with a conference table in it. He was sitting in a large, leather chair, reading a newspaper. After a little bit of idle conversation, I realized he wasn't being very nice, either. He was still the best of the lot, however. One wall of the room was all windows from the ceiling halfway down. The view outside reminded me of Israel & I said as much. He put down his paper & got up from the chair to join me, then, agreeing with me & stating that he loved this view. After a little more conversation I left. The mother & her 3 daughters were outside at a picnic table. One of the daughters was overweight & I noticed that although she had an air of superiority about her, her mother clearly treated her like some kind of servant. The lighter girls weren't asked to do anything. The heavy girl was asked to do everything. I got into a convertible kit car & left. The steering was slightly unresponsive. I pulled over to pick someone up & ended up heading in the wrong direction. I pulled into a Burger King parking lot to turn around, but was having trouble with the steering, so I had to use the lot of an adjacent gas station, as well. Soon we were back on the road & on our way.

I think the "kit car" was inspired by the recent (& horrible) new "Knight Rider" movie on TV. If you missed it, count your blessings.

The picture is from our hike today at Northlake Nature Center (which was kind of wet from recent rains.) More pictures from this hike are available on tomorrow's post.

9 comments:

ChristineEldin said...

Beautiful photo.
You remember so many details in your dreams! This one seems to be about food and fuel? I'll leave the deeper interpretation to you!
:-)

Michelle's Spell said...

Great photo! As for Knight Rider, I saw the David H. clip on the internet. Dear Lord, I did not think I'd live to see the day that would return!

Lana Gramlich said...

Christine; Thank you. This one is more likely about my childhood, as I grew up on Long Island's gold coast & had little control over the direction of my life.

Michelle; I watched the original when I was a kid, so I felt obliged to watch this new version. Now I wish I could get those 2 hours of my life back. It was tremendously bad, like watching a Ford commercial jam packed with Ford commercials (& I am not a Ford fan to begin with--from experience.)

Charles Gramlich said...

The new Knight Rider needed a boringectomy.

oldmanlincoln said...

I seldom remember dreams. That might be a good thing.

Lana Gramlich said...

Charles; And so much more...

Lincoln; I used to be in that category, too.

david mcmahon said...

I haven't seen the new Knight Rider movie, but Kitt was some car!!

Chris said...

Funny dream and lol over the Knight Rider movie...glad I missed it now!

Lana Gramlich said...

David; Cool cars are easy. Plot & character development are hard. *L*

Chris; I'm still haunted by it's utter badness. Blarg!

Related Posts with Thumbnails