My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lunar Eclipse, Bird Drama & LND; Professor & Art

I was outside, going to meet Charles. I encountered an eccentric man carrying a briefcase. He was an expert on Roman Emperor Claudius (although at some point, his expertise seemed to switch to Tacitus.) It turned out that he was a college professor & he spoke to me at length about Claudius (& later Tacitus.) He was coming from a talk he'd just given. His car was a teeny, light blue bubble-looking thing that made me laugh out loud. He didn't appreciate that & since he'd been so kind to me, I shut up & felt kind of bad. Later I had a tiny, framed painting I'd done. It was abstract, with blues, black & white. It had a wide, black frame (probably about 5x7"overall.) Someone had purchased it & sought my help in hanging it. One of the walls in his place was also abstract, with blues, black & white. I explained that it wouldn't be a good place to hang the painting, as it would blend in too much. I held it up against that wall so he could see what I was talking about & he agreed with me. I also showed him that there was only one hanger on the back of the frame—it could only be hung portrait-style, not landscape. He was okay with that. Yet later I was in a large room with my manager at work (although the place & job were not from "real" life.) A large envelope arrived, containing free copies of my artwork. My manager was excited as I opened the envelope & pulled out the copies. I immediately saw that at least some of them were no good at all--mid-toned details had come out either totally black or totally white. I was a bit bummed, but at least they hadn't cost me anything. Some of them had come out okay, anyway.

The Professor is reminiscent in that Charles is a Professor who drives a bubbly-looking car (although it wasn't as strange as the dream car.)
Claudius & Tacitus were probably dredged up from my Celtic studies, which have been on hold for a little while now.
The blue abstract painting is certainly related to my recent sale of the same in "real" life.

Had some bird drama this morning. When I went out to feed the birds I heard pecking & squeeking coming from around the side of the house (toward the nuthatch's nest.) I stuck my head around the corner to catch the nuthatches dive bombing a red-bellied woodpecker who was pecking around their nest hole, chasing it off.

DON'T FORGET; There's a total lunar eclipse tonight!

13 comments:

Julie at Virtual Voyage said...

I wonder if I start dreaming about painting now I'm doing it...! Thanks for the comments on mine.

Was the nuthatch nest in the tree yours? Neat little nest hole....
Don't think we get to see the eclipse
here; been foggy here recently at night anyway. Funny weather, and skies.

Julie at Virtual Voyage said...

Lana - Just been over to 'My Only Photo' - don't know if you call in there - but there's a post on photographing the moon/eclipse if you're interested.

http://myonlyphoto.blogspot.com/

ivan@creativewriting.ca said...

Egads.

Your dreams are little fabulist tales all of themselves.

I really wish I could dream like that so I could be Jorge Luis Borges--But Borges is Borges, and I are not. Durn.

Lana Gramlich said...

Julie; Yes, unfortunately it's "our" nuthatch nest that was accosted. Also unfortunately it's already clouded over here, too, so I imagine we won't be seeing this eclipse, either. :( Thanks for sharing the link on moon/eclipse photography!

Ivan; The total length of my dream journals is way beyond that of the longest saga ever written, by far. If only there were a market for them!

Miladysa said...

I am always amazed by the details you can recall :]

My dreams have been pretty boring lately.

Patti said...

boy just called to remind me of the lunar eclipse...thanks for the visit.

Travis said...

I heard about the lunar eclipse, but then I got side-tracked when I got home and forgot to go look.

I probably wouldn't have been able to see much because the sky clouded over this evening after being clear most of the day.

Oh well.

Lana Gramlich said...

Miladysa; My dreams suck compared to Charles'. He dreams of alien worlds & adventures & such--I dream of decorating & work. <:\ *LOL*

Patti; Anytime.

Travis; We were clouded out, too. :(

Charles Gramlich said...

Sorry we missed the eclipse because of the clouds, baby. Speaking of professors, have you heard my lecture on Claudius lately? I'll regale you with at length this evening.

Lana Gramlich said...

Charles; *LOL* You sillyhead...

Billy said...

I don't think the weather is going to be kind to us as far as the eclipse.

So many trees over here have been lost thanks to development and Katrina. Used to see marvelous species in my yard every day. Did see a spectacular cardinal yesterday.

Demon Hunter said...

The eclipse was awesome. Blood Moon! It provides me with so many scary story ideas. I'll get started right away! :*)

Lana Gramlich said...

Billy; The eclipse was last night. We were clouded out here in Abita. Sometimes we jokingly refer to our place as the "Cardinal Emporium" we have so many of them! Always a treat, regardless. :)

DH; I'm sure your stories will be sufficiently dread-full (in the GOOD way! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails