My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Random Stuff & LND; Music & Guns

I was at the D’s. D.D. was part of a band & was scheduled to play a gig at a local bar. We went there to set up, but a gunman was inside, threatening everyone. We went back to his parents’ house, to hang out, talking about what to do about the gunman & the gig.

D.D. was one of my roommates in Toronto. Ironically, the other roommate called me today.

Another scanned photo from Canada; sunset clouds over the field near "my" old woods.

In other news, last night the raccoons (or maybe opossums?) overcame the baffle I bought for our sunflower feeder, so it's back to the drawing board. Where are Acme products when you need them?
I also seem to have been right when I suspected in Thursday's post that some of our Winter visitors may have been getting ready to leave. Since then our backyard has seemed preternaturally empty. Only 5 of the dozens of chipping sparrows remain & most of the goldfinches seem to have left, too. Checking my eBird stats, I saw that last year they left in the 2nd week of February, too. They are already missed.

15 comments:

Julie at Virtual Voyage said...

Beautiful cloud shot - think your birds are on the same time schedule as ours judging by what I saw down near the coast - lot of restless flight. It feels like spring here, but we usually have a couple of weeks of snow in February.

Birdfreak said...

The Acme link is hilarious! I am looking forward to the Chipping Sparrow returning in the spring, but feel a bit sad when the American Tree Sparrows and Dark-eyed Juncos leave.

Demon Hunter said...

I would love to have access to Acme products! I was almost accosted by two VERY large dogs this morning on the way out of my house on my way to work. Could have used the products then. :*)

Charles Gramlich said...

Hey I'll run around crazily in the backyard this evening to make up for the lack of chipping sparrows.

Lana Gramlich said...

Julie; I doubt we're going to see any sn*w. We haven't yet, anyway & temps are already WAY above freezing.

Birdfreak; Had to share the ACME catalogue. It's a classic. I only got my 1st couple of juncos in the past couple of months, so I guess they'll be leaving soon, too. <:( I'll keep looking forward to all the impending cardinal chicks we're going to get (& quite likely the brown headed nuthatches, which definitely seem to be working on a nesting cavity in a dead pine near our driveway!)

DH; I like the Strait-Jacket Ejecting Bazooka, personally. Wish I had one of these--I certainly could get some use out of it! *L*

Charles; I could even hand-feed you. It's a deal. ;)

Ello said...

Beautiful photo! And I love that Charles came by and posted that Lana is a great role model! :o)

Lana Gramlich said...

Ello; Thanks for the compliment & the heads up. Charles is too kind. :)

Marvin said...

We had a raccoon in the bird feeder last night too. Fortunately, I heard the critter rattling around and was able to chase it off before any damage was done.

Sorry that your winter visitors are already starting to head north.

Wren said...

on the other hand, those of living with 7 degree temperatures (don't even think about wind chill) can use some feathered fri thaends to remind us that there are other seasons in our future.

Lana Gramlich said...

Marvin; Our feeding area is diametrically opposed to the location of our bedroom, so we can't hear them. I once stayed up 'til about 3am, trying to catch the thief, but evidently they're coming even later than that. I'm starting to think it's an opossum, as they have 5 hands (effectively.)

Wren; I'm sure you'll be good to our "kids." Enjoy. :)

Natural said...

The Canada pic is very nice...dramatic and calm

Lana Gramlich said...

Natural; Thank you! I liked the relative subtlety of it, myself.

Michelle (artscapes) said...

I love the photo as well - great sky - I love skies!

Lana Gramlich said...

Michelle; Me, too. Although that one's from Canada, down here in southern Louisiana we get some phenomenal skies! I've never seen the like, really.

disa said...

色色網,色遊戲,自拍,本土自拍,kk俱樂部,後宮電影院,後宮電影,85cc免費影城,85cc免費影片,免費影片,免費小遊戲,免費遊戲,小遊戲,遊戲,好玩遊戲,好玩遊戲區,A片,情趣用品,遊戲區,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆,遊戲基地,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,遊戲口袋,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖,A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片,成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室

Related Posts with Thumbnails