My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Random/Weird Things Meme

I was tagged for this by my high school friend, Brave Astronaut.

THE RULES:
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.

Here's my 7;

1. I was born on a Friday the 13th at 3:30pm. In 2000 my birthday fell on Friday the 13th again. There was also a Full Moon. I turned 33.
2. I was born in the Bermuda Triangle (according to some maps, particularly shown in Reader's Digest Association's "Mysteries of the Unexplained,") & sold on the black market for $35,000. My brother & half-sister were also black market babies.
3. I was a premie, a mere 3lbs at birth. Nevertheless, 3 days later I was on a plane to New York.
4. I'm addicted to Coke. The cola kind.
5. I'm allergic to bees/wasps/hornets/spiders...just about any & every stinging/biting insect. If I get bit or stung in the "right" place, I'm a goner. Even now I have 2 fire ant bites from last March that still haven't healed completely. That doesn't keep me from hiking & enjoying the outdoors, although perhaps I should bring my epi-pen along. To be honest I'm not even sure where it is...
6. For about 15 years now a non-replicating virus lives in my left ear, occasionally kicking up a fuss & making me lose my balance. These bouts are supposed to last 10-14 days, but mine typically last 4-6 weeks. Since one bout roughly 5 years ago I can no longer look up without losing my balance. About 3-4 years ago a constant, high-pitched "eeeeee" sound started in that ear as well. Unfortunately there is no treatment for any of it. On the plus side, as time passes the bouts of loss of balance get less severe. The first time it struck I couldn't even move my eyes without puking. Now I can function almost normally (I just have to be careful.)
7. My IQ is 187, among the highest in recorded history.

I'm tagging Trav, Julie, Ello, Erik, Sheila, Billy and Tyhitia.

12 comments:

Ello said...

Holy smokes! This is unbelievable! You are one fascinating lady! I'm sorry about the allergy and the nonreplicating virus. Those two are not cool at all. But 187 IQ? Remind me not to EVER play Scrabble with you!

FYI - I have done a random meme a few times but I shall see if I can dig up any more random stuff, making sure, of course, that I do not repeat myself.

Brave Astronaut said...

Good Lord, woman. Pull up a chair, you've deserved a rest. #1, I remembered. I remembered you were adopted but not the circumstances, wow.

Thanks for playing along and showing your over-achiever side with your seven random facts. :)

Travis said...

Well, I can't top your random 7 but I shall do my best to be worthy of the tag.

Demon Hunter said...

Wow, Lana. You have a very interesting life. You should write a book. My birthday falls on the 13th as well. I'll try to come up with some stuff, as I've done a random meme before. Probably won't get to it until the 1st. :*)

Lana Gramlich said...

Ello; I have faith in you! :)

BA; I started suspecting the black market thing in my late teens. My Aunt confirmed it all for me in my 30s. Told me the whole story.
BTW, I didn't tag Charles because he's a bit swamped with work right now. I think he's done this meme in the past, though, if you want to go through his blog archives.

Travis; I look forward to your 7. :)

DH; I've thought of writing a book, actually, but I don't have the stamina & too much of it's still too painful to look at. Besides, no one would believe it was non-fiction. <:\

Charles Gramlich said...

Trust me, you don't want to play Scrabble with her. Fortunately, I'm taller than she is, so when she looks up at me she gets dizzy and faints into my arms. I then drain her of brain juice and make use of it in my...experiments.

Lana Gramlich said...

Charles; *ROFL!*

Steve Malley said...

Perhaps that's no virus in your ear.

Perhaps when you fall over, it's the weight of those big brains. :)

Erik Donald France said...

Wild is the wind -- truths stranger, more intense than fiction . . .

Lana Gramlich said...

Steve; If only...that would be treatable!

Erik; Exactly.

BA (addendum); It turns out that someone I tagged for this turned around & tagged Charles, anyway, so he said he'll get to it when he gets a chance.

natural woman said...

Wow on being on the black market.

Lana Gramlich said...

Natural Woman; Yep. Right here in the US of A. <:\

Related Posts with Thumbnails