My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Artsy Stuff

First I want to express my sincere gratitude to Julie at Virtual Voyage for bestowing this gracious award upon me; (From the award's originator) "This prize has arisen from the daily visits that I dedicate to many blogs which nourish me and enrich me with creativity. In them I see dedication, creativity, care, comradeship, but mainly ART, much art." I highly recommend her works, as well. There are also other fine visual artists linked up in my sidebar (see "my blogroll.")
Thanks also to those who have purchased my works, both old & new. When I started working at the library (almost exactly a year ago now,) I decided to go part-time in order to try to "get something going" with my art. This pays my regular bills, but not much else. Recently things really seemed to start turning around for me, artistically. I've sold some paintings in the last few months, I currently have works on display at the Causeway branch of our library & just tonight I received an invitation to participate in a potentially great, artistic opportunity right here in Abita Springs. I'm thrilled about all of it & none of it could have been achieved without the support of others. To them I offer my deepest thanks, for lifting me up to touch my real dreams.

"Raccoons"
Acrylic on 11x14" canvasboard

24 comments:

Miladysa said...

Congratulations on the award!

Such a lovely picture :-D

Charles Gramlich said...

That's cool about the award. Yeah Julie for giving it to you. And that is so great that folks are beginning to notice your work. You are so talented and have deserved the recognition for many years without recieving it. I'm just glad I get to be your first viewer.

Great Racoon pic, especially the little ones.

Erik Donald France said...

Awesome! Congrats!

The racoons make me guess of the connection between dreamscapes and created art, in that those little guys seem to dwell in the eyes of a dream. Very cool.

Julie at Virtual Voyage said...

Congrats on the Abita opportunities, I enjoyed the stroll though 'your town' - and the award looks really cool on your blog!

The racs are very distinctive - I'd be tempted to have them done as greeting cards, but appreciate that can be tricky.

ivan@creativewritintg.ca said...

Well,
Artistry recognized (again?)!

Way to to go!

Billy said...

Congrats, Lana! And the racoons are lovely!

Shauna Roberts said...

Congratulations, Lana. I've enjoyed seeing your pictures on your blog and hope you keep posting them.

Travis Erwin said...

I like the raccoons. One of these days, when I have extra cash, I'm going to proudly buy one of your paintings so keep posting as you finish them.

Ello said...

I'm with Travis - one of these days, I too will be flush with cash and will buy a Lana original! Along with Lisa's Scott Matlin original! Sheesh, I wish I'd hurry up and make some money already!

The racoons are too cute!

Lana Gramlich said...

Miladysa, Ivan & Billy; Thank you!

Charles; You're too sweet. :)

Erik; Wow...what a wonderful way to look at it! You rock.

Julie; Thanks, again! I actually have a greeting card program that makes the transfer very easy, actually. I doubt I could sell the image to a commercial outlet, however. Anything commercial where art is concerned is difficult to the point of virtual impossibility. At least on this side of the pond.

Shauna & Travis; Thanks! Will do. :)

Ello; Thank you. I'll wish you much fortune. ;) *L*

Travis said...

Congrats on the award and well done on the art front. I think it's great that you are able to focus on your creativity and make something of it.

mon@rch said...

Congrats on your award and that is such a great raccoon painting! Bravo!

Chris said...

I love,love,love your raccoon painting! We had a family make our attic their home a few years ago. It was real hard to get rid of them...we didn't kill them, don't worry! I still like them though!

Lana Gramlich said...

Travis; Thanks. I've since rec'd another e-mail inviting me to start teaching painting classes/hold workshops ASAP. I'm pretty psyched.

Mon@rch; Thank you!

Chris; Thanks. I love them too (except for the one--which might actually be a possum--that's learned how to defeat my baffled bird feeder.) <:\

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Congrats on the award and what a beautiful raccoon painting.

Super blog!!!

JJ :D

Lana Gramlich said...

Nature Nut/JJ Loch; Welcome & thank you kindly!

Demon Hunter said...

I love your painting, Lana. When I am not on the broke side, then I can buy an original work of yours! ;*)

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Lana,

Congrats on all the good news! You deserve it richly and it's so nice when real quality gets rewarded.

alex keto said...

Lana,
Very nice painting. congratulations on pushing your art forward.

Dave Coulter said...

Lana, that is great news. Sounds like you're hitting your stride creatively!

lizh said...

Congratulations, Lana!

Lana Gramlich said...

DH; I appreciate it.

Michelle, Alex & Lizh; Thank you!

Dave; Yes, finally! :)

Larry said...

I like the raccoons painting.It's like they're lit up in the darkness-I like the way the front one is dipping its foot in water too.

Lana Gramlich said...

Larry; Thank you! Sorry...didn't see this comment until now! <:O

Related Posts with Thumbnails