My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Friday, March 28, 2008

Crazy 8's Meme

Little did I realize it, but Natural Woman tagged me a meme some weeks ago now. Only saw it tonight. That said, here we go...

8 Things I Am Passionate About
1. Charles.
2. Learning. No one can ever take it away from you.
3. Peace & quiet. Took a long time to get it. Now I’m enjoying it to the fullest.
4. Free time. Money is grossly overrated.
5. Nature. Nothing beats it, except maybe Charles.
6. The Celts. The only history/culture/language/etc. that’s ever managed to interest me.
7. My deck. My sanctuary. My birdwatching platform. My reading “room.” Where we were married. (See picture, above.)
8. Creativity. In whatever form it takes.

8 Things I Want To Do Before I Die
1. Visit Wales. I've been fascinated by it as long as I can remember...
2. Go back to Cedar Bay beach in Canada (numerous times.)
3. Visit the Pacific NW.
4. See ancient ruins (Machu Pichu, Stonehenge, the Pyramids or what have you.)
5. Lazy river tubing...again.
6. See a painted bunting in the wild. Preferably from my deck.
7. Swim with dolphins.
8. Retire to Arkansas with Charles.

8 Things I Say Often
1. I love you.
2. No, you.
3. These will be due back (insert future date here.)
4. Why is everyone so f*cking stupid? (It’s a “Team America” thing.)
5. Want to go to (insert natural area here)?
6. Do you need anything?
7. Nice blinker. (Why can’t people USE them anymore?)
8. St. Tammany Parish Library, Abita. (Answering the work phone.)

8 Books I Have Read Recently
1. Swords of Talera, by Charles Gramlich
2. Wings Over Talera, by Charles Gramlich
3. Witch of Talera, by Charles Gramlich
4. Taliesin; Shamanism & the Bardic Mysteries in Britain & Ireland
5. The North Light Book of Acrylic Painting Techniques
6. The Encyclopedia of Acrylic Techniques
7. Smithsonian Birds of North America
8. Nat’l Audubon Society Field Guide to the Southeastern States

8 Songs I Could Listen To Over and Over
1. The entire “Animals” album by Pink Floyd
2. The entire “Wish You Were Here” album by Pink Floyd
3. The entire “Dark Side of the Moon” album by Pink Floyd
4. The entire “The Wall” album by Pink Floyd
5. The entire “Meddle” album by Pink Floyd
6. A fair amount of the “A Momentary Lapse of Reason” album by Pink Floyd
7. The entire “Amused to Death” album by Roger Waters
8. “Let’s Groove” by Earth Wind & Fire (didn’t see THAT coming, did you?)

8 Things That Attract Me To My Best Friends
1. Genuineness. I have no use for a phony & I can smell them a mile away. Honesty is part of this, too.
2. Sense of humor. You have to have one to put up with mine.
3. An appreciation for music.
4. Intelligence.
5. Trustworthiness. I’d trust any of my friends with anything in my life.
6. Appreciation/respect for nature.
7. An open mind & inquisitive nature. I love long discussions of all kinds.
8. Kindness.

8 People Who Should Do Crazy 8’s
8 people who want to & have the time.

17 comments:

ChristineEldin said...

I'm with you all the way about number 4 (free time!)

DH is Egyptian (born in Texas, so really American, but his father was working on a PhD at the time. Long story), so I've been to Egypt a handful of times. Twenty years ago it was tolerable. There were places you could go that were clean and you weren't shoulder to shoulder with people. Not anymore. We went last year to visit the grandparents, and it sucked in every way. We had to pay 3 different security officers to get to the pyramids (never had to do this before). Trash is everywhere. No, I mean you can't walk anywhere without stepping in it. It's all around the pyramids. We took a camel ride, and the came was stepping in old cigarette cartons, soda cans, what have you.
Just saying, save your money for Wales. (Though I've never been, I imagine it's beautiful and clean)

Shauna Roberts said...

Just venturing a wild guess here, but do you happen to like Pink Floyd? ;-)

Interesting list. Thanks.

Charles Gramlich said...

Shauna, you should see our Pink Floyd wall posters, light switches, and glasses.

Lana Gramlich said...

Christine; Regarding #4, I decided when I took my current job that I only wanted to work part-time. As a result, I make just enough to pay my bills & not much more. I've never been happier. I think Amerika would be a much better place if everyone had 4 days weekends (but then again, I have no kids, either.)
Sad but not surprising to hear about the filth in Egypt. <:( I've always leaned toward Wales, anyway. We actually had a trip planned there a couple of years ago, but then I bought our house. I cancelled the trip as a result, but we'll get there someday. :)

Shauna; When we evacuated for Hurricane Katrina, I grabbed a knapsack full of clothes, a bottle of Vodka & all of my Floyd CDs. 'Nuff said. *LOL*

Charles; It could be worse. I could be a hardcore Manilow fan. ;)

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

What a HUGE MEME! You're a trooper, Lana. :D

I love Pink Floyd too!!! I'm going to listen to him while I exercise today.

Hugs, JJ

Julie at Virtual Voyage said...

Liked the shot of the deck. Wish we had the weather to use one.

I've read a few things by Hazel Harrison over the years - both oil and acrylic technique. Nice easy style.

Paul Grecian said...

I think I would have picked 5 of your 8 "Passion" choices (2,3,4,5,8)

Natural said...

Hey Lana, there was no pressure to do this meme. People "tagged" me for months before I knew what a tag was. I never got around to those memes. I can't do them all, but it was so nice to get to know you this way. Even checked out hubby's book. Cool beans!

Money is overrated? I'll agree with that one, unfortuantely we need it. Not a lot of it though.

Lana Gramlich said...

JJ; I actually had to buy a 2nd copy of "Animals" when overplaying destroyed my first one in the space of a year or two. *L*

Julie; You're always welcome to come hang out on my deck. Too bad we don't live a little closer! *L* I'd never heard of Hazel Harrison, but I enjoyed the book, for sure.

Paul; I suspect we'd make fast friends. :)

NW; How ironic that you're the 8th commenter, eh? *LOL* I didn't feel pressured--sometimes memes can be a lot of fun! I just never saw the tag until last night.

WordVixen said...

Oooh! I've been to Wales. When you're coming from London by train and you look out the window, all you see are these mystical looking, rolling, green hills with wisps of fog draping over them... You feel like you've just stepped into an Arthurian legend.

I stayed in Cardiff for two days, but all I discovered in the city was Tescos.

Dave Coulter said...

That's no meme, it's an essay...yikes!

No, I didn't see Earth, Wind & Fire coming, but a nice contrast to Pink Floyd!

Wales is cool, but I only spent a couple days in Swansea. I must re-visit one day too...

Travis said...

I agree about learning. I try to learn something new every day.

Lana Gramlich said...

Wordvixen; There's so much in Wales I want to see...Bala Lake, the Brecon Beacons, Mt. Snowdon, St. David's, Hay-on-Wye, Harlech castle, Anglesey, etc., etc.

Dave; Although Pink Floyd's my all time favorite, I actually have a very broad range of musical tastes.
Gads...It seems I'm the only person who HASN'T been to Wales! *LOL*

Travis; Kudos. :) If only everyone did that!

Erik Donald France said...

This is awesome. I bet Wales is awesome right about now, too, esp. with Pink Floyd in the background ;)

Lana Gramlich said...

Erik; I'm sure something so wonderful would just make my head explode. *L*

The Zen Birdfeeder said...

Thanks for sharing. It was a fun read about you!

Lana Gramlich said...

Zen; Thanks for reading. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails