My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Thursday, March 13, 2008

LND; Books & Football

Checking my recommendations on Amazon, I saw that 2 versions of "New Light on the Ancient Mystery of Glastonbury" were listed. After further investigation, I realized that one was a more recent/updated version. I deleted the other from my list. Later I was getting ready to play a 2 on 2 football game. B.L. & others were there. Someone yelled something to me that implied that I'm a Buffalo Bills fan. I knew it was merely because I'd lived in that area (although across the Niagara River, in Canada.) I corrected them, stating that back in the day, when Joe Montana used to play, I was a 49er fan. I added that I hadn't seen a good game since he'd retired & many others in the crowd cheered in agreement. The four of us involved played a short game of football, after which we all won time in a secluded, sunken cabin in the woods. From an aerial viewpoint I saw one of us running preternaturally fast up the hill to the cabin. We were all excited to have it & ready to party. We started getting drinks ready & someone said that we needed ice. Although we seemed to have some somewhere, the fast one of us left to go get some.

The book in the dream actually is on my Amazon recommendations list (which I checked yesterday evening, explaining why it's in my dream.)
B.L. is a friend of mine who lives in Buffalo. Although I was a huge 9er fan in the 80s, I'm not a fan of any pro-sports anymore. Call me a bleeding heart liberal (which I'm not, really,) but I can't rationalize the money involved when people are sick, hungry & homeless. The Bills were huge when I lived up there, so I was inundated with it. Personally I was glad to see them fall flat on their faces in Super Bowl after Super Bowl. Joe Montana really did blow my mind, however. He was a comeback King who's ability to scramble goes unmatched, even today.
The aerial view of the cabin on the hill may have come from this terribly depressing news I saw the other day. 3/4 of the monarch butterfly population was lost a few years back due to freak weather. That's enough to endanger their continued existence. This deforestation on top of it is surely a nail in their coffin.
Needing ice for drinks may have come from a scene in "Some Like it Hot," which I watched last night.
So most of this dream is just mundania seeping through in one way or another...

10 comments:

Billy said...

I was on the verge of adolescence whn I saw SOME LIKE IT HOT at the Prytania. My life was never the same ROFL.

Julie at Virtual Voyage said...

...One of my favourite films in times past. Didn't realize for a moment that you were posting a dream when I started reading, and did a double take...!

Travis said...

While athletes do make obscene amounts of money, the majority of them do put it back into their communities.

Joe Montana was simply the best.

Lana Gramlich said...

Billy; Nobody's perfect. ;)

Julie; Yes, it was certainly a hoot!

Travis; I've lived in an apartment building owned by an NFL player, actually. I was ripped off by the crack addict building manager & much of my property was damaged (due to cheap windows he'd installed.) I couldn't afford the time or money to take them to court (where they could stall until I gave in, anyway,) as I was both working & going to school full time. If you call that "giving back to the community," the community doesn't need it. I know they do some good, but they do a lot of bad, too. I appreciate that you're a fan, I just can't do it anymore. No one should get that much money to play a game (& let's not get started on the coaches, owners, etc.) Just my opinion.
But we can agree on Montana, anyway!

oldmanlincoln said...

Money is relative I guess. If you need it you can't make it and if you don't need it you got too much. Figure that out and tell me how Bush got in the Whine House.

Charles Gramlich said...

Sorry to hear about the monarchs.

Lana Gramlich said...

Lincoln; I wish I could!

Charles; ...and the polar bears, and the bengal tigers, and the brown headed nuthatches and the bobwhite quail, and, and, and...
<:(

eric1313 said...

...And the Siberian Tigers, the timber wolves, the Condor, the Snowy Owl, the freshwater Lake Trout and so many more. But the monarch can be resiliant. Their are many milkweed bushes up here that they use to cacoon and lay eggs on. II hope they'll bounce back, since symbols of unfettered freedom like that are hard top come by.

Thank you so much for checking up on me! You absolutely rule. Thanks to both of you, I'll talk to you soon, OK?

Peace out!

Erik Donald France said...

I think my vote got through, got stuck in a cyberloop afterwards.

I remember when I was a kid, we had a place called "Monarch Hill" where the little ones would congregate. Beautiful, sad to see the loss of habitat.

Lana Gramlich said...

Eric; Glad to hear from you! Hope all is well...

Erik; Thanks for the vote! I'm not holding out much hope for any endangered species at this point, unfortunately. Too many people "in power" are too insecure, uncaring or just plain stupid. <:(

Related Posts with Thumbnails