My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Recent Dreams

Sunday night's dream; Charles & I were at a pagan flea market type event. We were invited to an open ritual afterwards, which we decided to attend. It was in an unfinished basement, down a long flight of stairs. We seemed to be among the first people there. Later 3 men had their citizenship stripped due to their anti-government stance. Although they were labeled “enemy combatants,” they weren’t exiled or outwardly hassled in any way. They were definitely watched, however.

Monday night's dream; A man & woman were dancing to “Greased Lightnin'” from the musical “Grease” in an automotive repair shop. The man climbed up onto some high scaffolding to do a flip back down to the floor, but he blew it & landed flat on his back. Later I was with Hyacinth Bucket, who insisted on doing something related to a shed in a field beneath an industrial antenna. The sky was black with thunderstorms--I knew we were in great danger. She bade me go to the shed for something. At least it would get me out of danger. I’d been in there before, on a ladder to the floor, which is below ground level. When I went in this time I fell all the way to the floor (where I’ve never been before.) For some reason, there’s concern that I won’t be able to get out on my own, but there’s no problem. I did what I had to & got out. Everything outside is now in bright, rainbow colors & Mrs. Bucket was fine.

Last night's dream; Jane Seymour was a land surveyor in Brazil who opened her own restaurant, which was all pretty surprising to me. I went outside, which was mostly pine forest. There was a hole in the ground about two feet deep & across. A raccoon fell into the hole & I left it there. Other small critters (who were able to talk,) were in the area. I spoke with some of them, including a lemur, a cat and an opossum. The cat fell into the hole the raccoon was in. I went over for a look. They weren’t very cramped, but the raccoon (who was now wearing human-style clothing,) was not doing well. It couldn’t get out & if I didn’t help it, it’d die, so (of course,) I did. It immediately showed improvement.

Lots of dreams lately about sunken floors, holes in the ground &/or basements.
Ironically, at work the next day, someone put the movie "Grease" on hold.

17 comments:

Julie at Virtual Voyage said...

Was more than a bit surprised to see Hyacinth Bucket staring back at me...
good character actress! Funny dreaming about the racs and the holes in the ground; wonder if writing about the things actually affects the content of the dreams.

avery said...

"Lots of dreams lately about sunken floors, holes in the ground &/or basements."

Might want to check your foundation.

(As I wrote that, I meant it in the strictest literal sense, regarding your house, but, as I look back, it could be much more spiritual. Let's pretend I'm some sort of genius guru and go with that). ; )

I love Hyacinth. I always feel sorry for the poor neighbor lady who comes over for tea.

So, the polls closed on your contest and you have the biggest percentage. Does that mean you won?

Lana Gramlich said...

Julie; Patricia certainly is one heck of a talented actress!
The raccoons seemed to fit into the category with all of the small, talking animals. They were all land-based for the most part & roughly the same size. In that vein, I believe it was more a representative of that set than appearing here because they visit our backyard every night. Now, what a set of talking animals represents is another matter, entirely...*LOL*

Avery; Actually, down here (close to or below sea level,) the most people typically have is a concrete slab (& absolutely NO one has a basement.) Our house (like many others in the area,) is actually raised 4' above the ground on pilings & anchored with cables.
The sub-ground theme is combined in some instances w/the potential for harm, but the ultimate result of positive change. As such I believe it represents the "womb & tomb" concept; rebirth, transformation.
The Bucket Woman is a hoot. I feel bad for Richard!
Not sure about the drinking contest. I'll have to look into it later...So far so good, though!

Demon Hunter said...

Very interesting dreams, Lana. Jane Seymour. :*) I've been remembering more of my dreams lately. I suppose you're a good influence on me. :*)

Charles Gramlich said...

That was certainly not a mundane dream. Talking animals and all. And here I thought I was the only talking animal you knew.

Lana Gramlich said...

DH; Thanks & glad to hear it! Enjoy. :)

Charles; Well, you're also a housework & sweetness animal, so you're better than just a talking animal.

Billy said...

I used to dream about Jane Seymour. A lot.

I didn't know there were any pagan fleas -:)

ANNA-LYS said...

Hello Lana,

Noticed we share the Floyd experience ;-) ... so back in short to read You blog :-D

ANNA-LYS said...

hmmmm
What about this voting stuff?
Where, What, and Why?


where's the button?

:-D

Lana Gramlich said...

Billy; I suspect Jane wasn't a surveyor/restauranteur in YOUR dreams. ;)
There aren't really pagan flea markets, per se, but I used to co-run a new agey store that involved us sometimes setting up at festivals & whatnot, not to mention that mom had me work at numerous flea markets in my youth, so I'm sure that combo's where it comes from.

Anna-lys; Thanks for coming by. :) Floyd rocks. #1 forever!
As for the voting, the polls for round one closed yesterday (I haven't had time to update my banner--apologies. I'll try to fix that up tonight.) I believe round 2 starts this coming Friday, so please do try to click back then.

Ello said...

Lana, I think your vivid crazy dreams are rubbing off on me! I had a crazy dream about a meeting with strange people I couldn't get away from and I kept walking away back into a wilderness scene and then a pickup truck drives by. It was so random and bizarre I immediately thought of your dreams! ;o)

ANNA-LYS said...

Are You anxious of falling in hierarchy or social status, if You take one (dance-)step outside the "mainstream" rules of behaviour, or thinking in your everyday-living context?

I love Your way of writing, and expressing Yourself, already addicted to Your lucid dream-world in virtual.

Travis said...

And dreams about falling. I've read about falling dreams but I don't recall if they are supposed to be good or bad.

Lana Gramlich said...

Ello; Welcome to my world. Mwa ha ha! ;) *LOL*

Anna-lys; No, I'm definitely not concerned with societal norms. Society (in general,) can kiss my @$$, typically.
Glad you're enjoying the blog! Thanks for the kind words. :)

Lana Gramlich said...

Travis; Good point. Although I've never flown in a dream, I do seem to have falling down pat. *L*

Miladysa said...

Dear old Hyacinth... I know a few ;-D

Lana Gramlich said...

Miladysa; Gads...My sympathies! *L*

Related Posts with Thumbnails