My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Recent Dreams & More Smushed Glass Art (Updated)

Thurs., 3/27/08; I was at work (although it was different from “real” life.) One of our patrons & her daughter came by to pick up some items she had on hold, including DVDs of “The Avengers.” Some things on the hold shelf weren’t marked. I couldn’t find the DVDs, although I was sure we should’ve had them. A Pink Floyd CD (DSOTM?) brought up the option to change the record to text only, which I cancelled out of. Soon I realized that “The Avengers” DVDs couldn’t have been in yet, as they were only recently ordered. The patrons were being very patient about it all.

Fri., 3/28/08; I was with a couple of others in a light blue & silver tunnel. We were on raised walkways made of clear plastic. We had to be very careful when moving from one to another, as they were all virtually invisible. Beneath us was a Hindi procession, including elephants. Many spectators were there. There was much excitement & happiness. We got to one end of the tube & the procession turned around to go back the other way. We followed along on the walkways above.

Sat., 3/29/08; I was working as an undercover agent at a building that was closed overnight. My shift was over & I got ready to leave. Other people (who I’d thought were civilians,) proved to be agents, as well. I hadn’t realized there were so many of us or how truly dangerous the assignment was. A woman was watching a nearby room, where another woman came out. A young, dark haired woman went in to take her place. She floated there as though in water. She had scarves that also floated around her. The background was light purple & red/orange. I left there & saw a large bug, which I knew was Charles. I followed him to a darkened stairwell. He went down the stairs, followed by a huge fire ant (about 2” long.) I also followed, partway, then sat on a step. Soon the ant was startled & ran back up the stairs. It got up my skirt before I could move, but managed not to totally panic. Soon I got it out of my skirt & I left the area.
The fire ant is probably from my mention of them in another recent post (& also from a couple of bites I got around the same time.) Ironically, Charles & I saw an enormous beetle on our deck today.

Last night's dream; I went to a market where pagan things were for sale. Everyone in the community had entered something. I’d ridden my bike a long way to get there. R.M. had the place where everything was showing, which gave her too much power (in my thinking.)
This is probably because yesterday was Abita Springs' "Whole Town Garage Sale" (which we ended up not attending, as it rained.)
If you click on any of the images for a larger view, keep in mind that the speckling there is on my wall (which I was shooting against,) not the glass.

(Update, Spring 2009; The long pieces at the bottom of this post were donated for WYES' "Art Collection Twelve" 2009 fundraiser. Later I learned that they were pulled from the auction.)

12 comments:

Tom said...

Lana- I really like your smushed glass artwork!

Tom

The Zen Birdfeeder said...

I think the smushed glass art looks great!

Travis said...

I love the art!

Art Glass said...

I loved the smushed glass art. I enjoyed reading the blog and I really liked the way you write. Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures.

Lana Gramlich said...

Thanks, all! I appreciate the input. :)

Charles Gramlich said...

There's some nice stuff in red on this smushed glass stuff. As for me being a bug, you know how I feel about Kaffka's Metamorphosis.

Lana Gramlich said...

Charles; If you are a bug, you surely must be a love bug.

alex keto said...

this is going to sound dumb, but how do you do smushed art, never heard of it before.

Chris said...

I just love your art especially the glass art, so unique!

Lana Gramlich said...

Alex; Click here.

Chris; Thank you kindly. :)

Shauna Roberts said...

The veining on the first set is really cool.

I just realized that there's a lot more than eight pieces you can get from the two original pieces—if you hang them together as a set, you can mix and match fronts and backs in all sorts of ways.

Lana Gramlich said...

Shauna; Thank you! I had a harder time pulling apart the slat glass, as it's thicker & heavier.
True--the possibilities are virtually endless!

Related Posts with Thumbnails