My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Another Macro & LND; Gordon Ramsay's Approval

I was a contestant on a Gordon Ramsay show. He said he was taking us all somewhere very important & we headed off, walking down the street. There was some kind of festival or contest (regarding movies?) between the stores on the street, & we stopped now & again to look in front store windows. We got where we were going. I recognized it as a corn processing plant & asked Gordon if that’s what it was. He affirmed my statement as though pleased that I knew & after he told everyone a few things about it, I told him I’d worked at one for years & that it’d been my favorite job. He continued to seem pleased. On our way back, we stopped at a bank. I had my digital camera & was checking settings on the screen. I realized that some employees thought I was taking pictures & I had the impression that that was highly frowned upon (as it implied I might want to rob them later,) so I put it away. We went back out & down the street, where we looked in more store windows. Someone pointed out something about fairies in one of them.

I'm sure Gordon Ramsay represents the critical part of my Self here (which probably appears in his form because I watched the 1st episode of the new "Hell's Kitchen" the other night.)
Checking my camera settings is certainly related to yesterday's post & the DVD about my camera.
I really did work at a corn processing plant back in Canada (albeit via a security job I had,) & it really was one of my favorite positions. I weighed trucks & sometimes graded corn. Unfortunately, pointless changes implemented after 9/11 turned it into just another crappy job.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The picture is another macro--an eyed click beetle (about an inch & a half long,) that awaited me on the railing of my front steps when I got home from work yesterday. Thanks to Charles for pointing it out.

14 comments:

Demon Hunter said...

What a strange looking beetle. Thanks for the pic.

You answered my question. I was going to ask if you watched Hell's Kitchen the other night. I couldn't because Big Brother 9 is coming to a close soon. I'll have to catch up with HK another time. :*)

Lana Gramlich said...

DH; I don't mind bugs...so long as they're not on my face. *LOL*
Funny thing about this go 'round was that Gordon rode in on the bus w/the contestants in disguise (although personally I think you could tell it was him, if you really looked.) Other than that, pretty standard opening episode fare; everyone sucks, yell, scream, rant. The women won the challenge, but don't we always? ;)

Monique said...

Phew! It was a dream! Thank God for that. He's a mean machine that Gordon Ramsey.

Lovely pic of that beetle. Have you ever been involved in Gestald Therapy? That deals frequently with dreams and can be quite enlightening.

lol

Travis said...

I don't think I've ever seen a clip or a picture when Gordon Ramsey has been pleased.

Lana Gramlich said...

Monique; No, never got involved in Gestalt therapy. Dreams are enlightening, regardless, however!

Travis; That's how I knew it was a dream! *LOL*

WordVixen said...

*snarf* Funny that you mention Ramsey- he's what pumped the life back into my WIP. I guess he's inspiration in one form or another all around. :-D

Tom said...

Gordon Ramsay is crazy!

Wonderful shot of that cool click beetle!

Tom @ Ohio Nature

Lana Gramlich said...

Wordvixen; How ironic!

Tom; Yes & thank you!

T.R. said...

I love what your doing with your camera!

Lana Gramlich said...

T.R.; Thanks...Me, too! It's so much more fun once you know how to use it. ;) *LOL*

Charles Gramlich said...

Ramsey is definitely a critical part. I guess he'd make a good superego.

Lana Gramlich said...

Charles; Brutally good, I guess. *L*

2sweetnsaxy said...

Great picture and very interesting beetle!

Lana Gramlich said...

2sweetnsaxy; Thank you! From what I understand they're good to have around.

Related Posts with Thumbnails