My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

LND; Blessing Bush & Books

I was inside, looking at a small area filled with pagan-based stuff. I wasn’t interested in much, although I did look through the books. President Bush came through the area, to my surprise. I looked at him & he smiled & nodded at me. A young man went over to him, to discuss things he could do to increase his popularity. He spoke with an air of extreme self-importance. He asked if the President had ever been blessed with incense, but was searching for an archaic word for it. In the context of his sentence, I offered, “Censer.” He seemed offended that I’d deign to interject. I didn’t care--he was a presumptuous idiot. I turned back to the area of pagan-based stuff, which had many more books now. One of them was about making sandstone jewelry. Some of the polished stones in the photo were lovely. I figured I could do something like that. Some of the new books were “Dragonlance” novels. I wasn’t interested in them.

My recent dreams about cults & pagan things likely point to spiritual issues, most likely my disdain for superstitions of all kinds.
Considering it's related to President Bush, "censer" could be seen as "censor."
The sandstone is here because I was reading about it in a field guide last night.
I read a few Dragonlance novels in the past. I don't read much fantasy/sci-fi anymore. I tend to stick to non-fiction these days.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The photo was taken at the Flatwoods. There's a single, false "tree" in there--do you see it? (Click to enlarge.)

20 comments:

Lisa said...

Are you referring to the utility pole wen you say "false tree"? Beautiful shot, and interesting dream!

I've been having some serious dreams myself, lately, and wake up exhausted!

Travis said...

That's interesting...censer for censor. Hmmmm.

I've read a few Dragonlance novels but for whatever reason I never got into them.

Charles Gramlich said...

I've had the first three Dragonlance novels for at least 15 years but have never gotten around to reading them.

Lana Gramlich said...

Lisa; You've got it! Have you been recording your dreams lately? If you get a chance they might be worth looking at more closely...

Travis; I'm w/you on Dragonlance. It was too commercial, in a way. TSR was just pushing to much (for me,) at the time.

Charles; I read the 1st trilogy of the "Chronicles" series. That was enough.

Monique said...

Dear oh dear, you've got some serious weird dreams. President Bush?

You're lucky to be able to remember them. I usually wake up, desperate trying to cling on to a particular dream, and then it quietly just disappears.

Lana Gramlich said...

Monique; This was actually one of the tamest dreams I've had about Bush. I had one a few years back in which he & Tony Blair were rapists. <:O
Luck has nothing to do with dream recall, actually. I've just been working at it for years. You'd be surprised at how quick your dream recall goes up when you really start to focus on it. My first year I went from 5-6 dreams remembered to well over 200. Where attention goes, energy flows!

Britta Coleman said...

Interesting about the censer/censor. Your posts make me want to try to remember and analyze my own dreams. There's a radio station in my area (Fort Worth) that has a live dream interpretation dialogue some nights between easy listening tunes. Always thought provoking. The interpretations, I mean. Easy listening is just, well, easy listening.

And I saw the false tree, too!

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Lana,

Any dream with GW in it is a nightmare! God, just to see his horrible face in any context . . .

Chris said...

Appropriate picture... the pole is a false tree and Bush is a false...
He, He, He.

Lana Gramlich said...

Britta; Cool on the radio program! I wish we had something like that here. I recommend writing down all the dreams you remember--it's good practice.

Michelle; Agreed. A total nightmare!

Chris; Good point!

Sandpiper said...

Fascinating to get inside somebody's dreams! I have the strangest dreams. Sometimes end up laughing in my sleep and wake myself up. :)

Lana Gramlich said...

Sandpiper; I've done that, too. :)

Natural said...

you mean you're dreaming every night? i thought i had control, wow. i do love the pic, very nice!!!!

Lana Gramlich said...

NW; Yes, I remember dreams practically every night (sometimes I take a break from it, as it can be tiring, in itself.) I've been working with dreams for almost a decade now & practice surely makes perfect. Thanks for your kind words on the picture. :)

Christina said...

Lana, do you do any writing because I think you'd be a great story teller with how vivid you write your dreams out. By the way, did you win the drinking story contest? Once I could stop laughing and click straight, I voted for you.

Donnetta Lee said...

Hi, Lana: Dreaming of authority figures. Hmm. And religious themes. Interesting stuff. I've been dreaming a lot about my mom lately. She's getting old and I worry about her. Nice picture. Good to see you.
Donnetta

Miladysa said...

I like the word Dragonlance!

Dreaming of President Bush... I hope it never happens to me :-D

Lana Gramlich said...

Christina; I used to write a little, but I gave it up very early on. I lost the contest by 3 votes in the final hours. Thanks, anyway! :)

Donnetta; I think some of the "religious" figures may have to do with the recent news about the recent FLDS raid. Authority figures almost always seem to find their way into my dreams. Hope your mom is well. *hugs*

Miladysa; Yes, may you never dream of Bush, particularly where he smiles at you. I should have punched him in the face while I had the chance...

Larry said...

Any dream that involves Bush should be considered a nightmare-not a dream.

Lana Gramlich said...

Larry; Exactly. <:\

Related Posts with Thumbnails