My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

More Recent Dreams

Every morning & jot down various notes regarding my dreams, then I typically fill in the details later (when I have time.) Unfortunately, I haven't had time for filling in for most of the past week, so I'm falling far behind. I do have a couple I can share, though...

Sun., 4/20/08; I went to hear President Bush speak via a very informal outlet. Some of us "nobodies" were regulars at these talks. The president sat at a desk across from a small, open room with bench seats along the walls. For the 1st time, a bunch of politicians were also there to see what it was about. I wasn’t dressed for the occasion & was aware of the politicians' disapproval. I took a seat quickly, hoping to turn the attention away from myself.

The theme of social rejection, again. Not wearing the "right" clothes closely mirrors issues from my teen years. Strange how some things never really leave a person...

Last Night's Dream; At home with Charles on Halloween, went to visit a couple of friends (J.L. & J.L.) Costumed people were walking through the streets. Getting ready to leave my friends’ place, I wanted to call Charles to let him know, but I was having problems with the phone (I kept transposing 2 of the last numbers.) I asked one of the guys for help & he said I had to dial my social security number, which made no sense. Regardless of my arguments, he stuck to his story. Eventually I got through by dialing my phone number. I was exasperated on the phone with Charles & had to explain (when I got home,) that I was upset with the phone, not him. Later I was at a mall, where B. & S.G. had a trailer set up on stilts in the main hallway. There were 2 escalators (going up & down,) at one end, & some doors open in the sides, front & back. They were selling T-shirts to benefit S.G.’s cancer surgery costs. Friends were helping them. I went straight to a couch on the floor before their display, curled up in one corner & closed my eyes to sleep. I thought it was probably rude of me not even to say “hi,” but I didn’t care much. Eventually I woke. Charles had bought us each a shirt, paying $20 each for them. I went up into the front of the trailer to see B. & S.G. They looked at my receipt, that implied that we paid $20 for both shirts, which clearly disappointed them. S.G. went to do something, so I spoke with B.G. for a while. Then he told me to go out one of the side doors. I went to the door, but the nearest step on the ladder was fairly far below. Considering my shortness, it was going to be difficult to go this way. As I stood there, figuring out how to do it, Charles was at the bottom. A security guard showed up like he was going to give me hell. Later I ran into R.M., who invited me to go to the beach with her. I’d parked in a nearby business lot & when we got back it was dark & raining. Only a few cars remained & the fence around the lot had been closed. R.M. said she’d open it for me & just as she did, someone driving a small, white pickup truck gunned it, knocking the gate from her hand. She jumped in front of the truck to slow them down, but they mowed her down, instead. I was in my car already & as I went through the gate police were arriving. I wanted to stop on the road outside the gate, but now people were waiting on me & I couldn’t get out of the way. I slowed down & learned now that it was a small boy who’d been hit, which confused me. I left.

Halloween/costumes can also represent wearing the "wrong" clothes. "Social security" may point to the social rejection theme, as well (particularly as I know it won't work.)
The 2 "J.L.s" at the beginning of this dream are both male friends, neither of which live anywhere nearby.
My friend, S.G., is undergoing surgery for breast cancer today & is very much in my thoughts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the pictures; a great blue heron (top) & 2 mourning doves (bottom.)

9 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

How our early experiences shape us.

Billy said...

I have always found that in dreams, lucid or otherwise, that I cannot, as Stepehen Laberge points out in his LD books, make out letters or numbers. I simply can't read during REM. Most people can't, although I've encountered some who say they can make out numbers and letters just fine.

Lana Gramlich said...

Charles; Indeed. We are all but culminations of our life experiences, really. We couldn't separate the two if we tried.

Billy; Sometimes I can make out letters/numbers. Sometimes they're gone pretty quick on waking, though. In this case (with dialing my number,) every time I tried to hit one of the buttons, it changed to a different number. It was intensely frustrating.

Natural said...

i never wear the "right clothes" and i don't care..or shoes. nobody is buying my clothes but me.

interesting dream lana. i can't post my last dream. :)

Lana Gramlich said...

NW; I'm much the same as you about "right" clothes, etc...at least now that I'm an adult.
Hope you can't post your last dream in the GOOD way. ;) *LOL!*

Travis said...

I find it interesting that wearing a Halloween costume - generally associated with fun - can also represent social rejection - not so much fun.

Lana Gramlich said...

Travis; Well, they can represent that in MY mind (particularly when considered in the context of all of the dreams around this time.) People interpret everything based on their own personalities & experiences, of course. To me, costumes & clothes in general are often about the personas/masks we wear, how we're presenting ourselves to the world (intentionally or not.) In that sense, a Halloween costume could be considered inappropriate. There are many different ways to consider it, of course. I usually look not only at one dream at a time, but at a series of them all at once.

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey beautiful, these are really cool dreams. I wish I could remember more of mine. Cool pictures for the last few posts, as always!

Lana Gramlich said...

Michelle; Thanks! I'll probably do a post soon on remembering dreams, so stay tuned. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails