My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Recent Dreams & More Weekend Pix

I've been remiss in posting my dreams lately, so here are a few interspersed with more photos from this weekend...

Dogwood flowers

Sat., 4/12/08; I was outside with someone else, standing near wooden-framed fencing. On the other side was a field, wherein 4 women were kneeling on card tables. Later I was in an abandoned factory (like those in the “Saw” movies.) I went through one long room that was so cold there was “snow” (like in a freezer,) on everything, it made me cry & I wasn’t sure I’d make it. I had to step over pipes that ran parallel to one another across the floor every 10’ or so. Past that I came to a room with 2 women in it. I felt like I missed something & tried to rewind the scene (which was on tape now,) but I couldn’t go back. Soon one of the women turned into a man. I left the area with a woman. We had to go back the way I came. Although I had to explore more of the building, learning the layout through repetition like this would help prevent me from getting lost. Going through the cold room again, I saw that the pipes on the floor were bent up & over on one end, leaving a path open beneath them. We took that way. Later I was working at a Punjabi clothing store. Charles came by for a visit & offered to take me out for lunch. A woman also came in. She requested our purses for an experiment that had to do with smells. I asked if I could bring her a different one, as I’m using mine right now. Then there was something about Bender from Futurama. Yet later Krusty the Clown (from “The Simpsons,”) was in a dental chair surrounded by people. They inserted small, plastic, colored sticks (that represented various smells,) deep into his nose. I thought he’d freak out, but he was pretty calm. Yet later, Leela (from Futurama,) was doing vertical practice drills off some kind off a cliff. Then there was a watery area between 2 slightly raised areas of soft, wet ground.

Carolina (or Hermes) satyr butterfly

Sun., 4/13/08; B.L. was driving me to the airport to visit Brave Astronaut (it was my turn to see him.) He stopped at departure display machines that were like gas pumps. Although we were trying to get my departure info, he kept accidentally resetting the machines. I was getting frustrated. Later I worked with the Reno 911! characters as lifeguards. There was something about a woman putting liquid poison onto a cake she was serving others. Later I went on a raid with my coworkers, but I forgot my shoes & had to go back for them. I didn’t get back to the raid in time & the Reno 911! characters accused me of cowardice & a lack of loyalty. Later a beetle crawled onto a piece of cake & died. It disintegrated before my eyes, sinking into the cake. I knew it was poisonous. Numerous people got sick from eating it. Later I was talking with Junior in an in-ground pool with a black business logo at the bottom--it wasn’t his pool. Soon the man who owned it came, but he wasn’t upset with us. Later we all worked at Burger King.

Macro; conical growths on a leaf

Mon., 4/14/08; I rode on train for work related thing. At the end of the line I had problems finding out how to get back home. I followed another woman, who was going back to the same area. Our supervisor wasn’t very helpful. We followed him to a local man’s house. The man was married & killed himself after a little while.

Macro; Spittlebug (or Froghopper) mass (about 1 cm across)


A variety of leaves

18 comments:

ivan@creativewriting.ca said...

Well, no question. With kaleidescopic dreams like that, you should definitely write.

What a world there is under our feet. What a world in in our mind's analogue.
Makes you wish, I suppose for a remote with which to focus here and there.
But it seems that mathematics too, is like a dream.

Sandpiper said...

Your pictures of nature are really beautiful! Everything is so lush and green. I miss living in the south.

You have such vivid dreams. I rarely remember mine.

Demon Hunter said...

Wild dream, Lana. I don't usually dream about cartoons. I think I did once.

I have never heard of a Spittlebug before. Thanks for sharing that. :*)

Charles Gramlich said...

Amazing how many spittlebug masses there were there. I still have no idea what those little conical things were. Insect pyramids maybe.

Lana Gramlich said...

Ivan; I appreciate the sentiment, but I do too many things, already. I'll leave the writing to Charles. True about math v. dreams...

Sandpiper; Thanks. I never remembered many of my dreams, either. Practice makes perfect.

DH; I didn't know about the spittlebug, myself, until I prepared this post. Next time I see one of these I may go ahead & have a look at the bug inside...If I have gloves. *L*

Charles; Those spittlebugs damage plants, unfortunately. They're a pest. I assume the conical things are some kind of insect gall, but I couldn't find anything like it online, unfortunately.

Lynda Lehmann said...

Wonderful photos, Lana! Lush and teeming with the life of your area.

You are so adept in remembering your dreams, and it's appararent how your creativity creeps into them! :)

Lynda Lehmann said...

Wonderful photos, Lana! Lush and teeming with the life of your area.

You are so adept in remembering your dreams, and it's appararent how your creativity creeps into them! :)

Lana Gramlich said...

Lynda; Thanks. I'm loving all the new greenery these days. :)

Travis Erwin said...

Y'all have such interesting fauna. I'm envious.

Billy said...

It wouldn't be spring around here without the dogwood. I also like the variety of leaves pic. Just plain nature. Love it.

Lana Gramlich said...

Travis; We also have bugs virtually the size of your face--does that kind of even it out for you? *LOL*

Billy; Thanks. Everything's just so green now, everywhere you look. I liked the different leaves, too.

Erik Donald France said...

I miss the gnarled dogwood trees. Used to live in woods full of them in North Carolina, "in hiding" from the Reagan years ;)

ChristineEldin said...

The froghopper is beautiful. I love that photo!
I've always said your dreams are so vivid.

Sidney said...

I had a very intense dream last night about arguing with a bureaucrat. I guess that was a real nightmare.

Lana Gramlich said...

Erik; *LOL @ "in hiding."* I love dogwoods, myself. I may buy one at some point to put in my yard (although I don't typically have much luck planting things in my yard, mostly due to my over-eager lawn guy who evidently can't listen to instructions.)

Christine; Thanks. I've always wondered what those foamy masses are, 'cuz I see them all over the place. Glad I was able to find out relatively easily.

Sidney; I hope you at least socked him a couple of times. ;)

Marvin said...

Hey, your dogwoods are farther along than our. Surprise, surprise, surprise. Great macro of the spittle bug cluster.

The Zen Birdfeeder said...

Great lighting on the dogwood pix.

Lana Gramlich said...

Marvin; Thanks. :)

Zen; It was a perfect day, all around.

Related Posts with Thumbnails