My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Yet More Recent Dreams

I spent some quality time catching up on filling in the details of my recent dreams. Due to the length of this post, I'll spare you my typically disjointed notes.

Thurs., 4/17/08; I was driving at night with others in the car. We couldn’t find our way home. We’d stop for directions, but nothing is open. I ended up stopping at a small gas station/convenience store which seems to be lit up, but they’re not open, either. Soon a cop came by to see what we were up to. I was relieved & finally got the directions we needed. Later I was with a few others at a furniture auction. I was somewhat sad to see one of mom’s hutches there. The man running the auction led us out & we all headed toward L.B.’s. It was in the same area that I was lost in earlier, so I tried to strategize how to get home. I figured if I just keep driving east I’d be okay, but then I realized that some roads may twist & turn & I could end up lost again. We approached L.B.’s house. She had little ornaments on the earthen path--I realized they were like little, stuffed animal birds. They were very cute, so I pointed them out to the others. Her front yard was also decorated with black & white ornaments. We met up with L.B., sitting in a chair on her wrap-around porch. She had made everyone dinner. I had a piece of chicken & some salad. When I finished eating L.B. complained that I didn’t have a hamburger. I pointed out that I did have chicken & salad & that I couldn’t get a hamburger down now if I tried. Others came up to eat & I freed up space for them, joining a few other women on the sidewalk in front of the house. As we walked along, I asked if someone could give me simple directions home. We were near a perpendicular, adjoining road (across the street, forming a “T,”) which one woman told me would bring me back to Pelham. From there I knew I could get home. Soon we joined others, including children, near some kind of frozen drink making machine. Because I was the closest, I was asked to operate it. I made drinks for some of the kids. The first one came out fine; 4 squirts of flavor, then add vanilla ice cream. The next one I seemed to totally forget what I was doing & had to refocus on the task. When it came to be my turn for a drink, I couldn’t decide between a pineapple Julius or a frozen coffee drink. I finally opted for pineapple, but there was no pineapple syrup left. I tried the coffee, but now the machine was off, so I didn’t get a drink. Later I was walking between young black people at a school, going to the other side of the building.

A raccoon came by to steal seed before dark again today.


Fri., 4/18/08; I put on a 20’s style hat & pulled it down low over one eye. A comparison was made between me & a former senator with 3 names (i.e.; First Last-Last.) I looked for a book with pictures of her, so I could see for myself. Later I was among others during a flood. I managed to find higher ground, a hillside that sloped down to the water. I also found a couple of short, childrens’ books about Tinkerbell (with ”Tink” in each title.) The covers were orange & pink. I tried to put them on a shelf with others. Bugs came, attracted to the bright colors. The bottom of the shelf was touching the water already, but I put the books there, anyway. I ran into Peter Griffin from “Family Guy.” He told me Lois was dead. He was scheduled to be shipped off in a crate Lois had been in. I cleaned out the crate, but on second thought, instead of throwing things out, I put them back in for Peter. We saw M.T. coming down the hillside across the water from us. She took a couple of steps into the shallow water, then suddenly fell in to her chest. Peter & I laughed. Later a woman was at a street celebration, acting crazy, as though no one else could see her. The police were clearly trying to arrest her. A car lost control on the road, broke through the barricade & ran her over. I thought it was in slow motion, as she was being crushed under the car onto glass & debris on the street, but it turned out to be real time. Horrified, I looked away. When I looked back, it happened again & again.

6 indigo buntings & a pair of cardinals. All belong to the cardinalidae family.


Sat., 4/19/08; I was with others, walking through a town. Between buildings, I saw a scaled down version of a WWII plane on a stand in front of a building. I pointed it out to others. Soon afterwards, a similar plane crashed in the distance, lighting the horizon with fire. Eventually I ended up in a glass shop run by R.M. M.G. & her daughter were there. I loaned Amber a glass designing kit I had that included an adjustable, white plastic frame. Unfortunately I had to leave moments later, so I had to take the kit back. Everyone seemed somewhat disappointed by that, but I stressed that it wasn’t personal or anything, I just had to go.

A conehead katydid (about 4" long,) on my screen door tonight.


Mon., 4/21/08; I worked with R.F. for the B’s. They had developed a product that would prevent a person from being tracked by satellite. They were highly excited about it. My shift finished at 7:30pm, but it was 8:00 before I realized it. I went to a garage-like area to leave on my motorcycle. A man stopped me & asked me to help him with a paper problem with his printers. He worked at the hospital & said the computers don’t use Windows. I suspect they do, but I tell him that if they don’t, I can’t help him. Later he led me to a conference room. Soon I realize that I’m in danger; alone & trapped. I left & went back to my motorcycle to leave, but it had been blocked in by all kinds of stuff. Now I’m alone in the building--R.F. & everyone else are gone, most of the lights are off. I moved the things out of the way of my bike & left. Later I learned that a man named Sinn Fein had bought one of the B’s devices & bombed 2 places. I told someone else about it. I watched a motorcyclist on the road. He lost control & crashed into a store (drive-in,) window. The woman working inside pulled him in & started giving him hell, shouting at him & shoving him around. He was a terrorist. Then another woman was talking about terrorists, but I seemed to be the person she was talking about. A man behind me shoved me down roughly & painfully onto a counter with a shotgun, the end of it’s barrel pressed up against the back of my head. 2 other terrorists were nearby. A Mid-Eastern leader was on TV. He looked panicked & is clearly just saying what terrorists are telling him to. Later I was looking at Charles’ X-rays. One indicated a broken bone in his lower arm (near the wrist.) Another seemed to show dozens of metal retainers all along his left arm (from when he broke it in the last motorcycle accident.) Yet later I was at home (which was different than “real” life,) with Charles. There was a ti plant near the top of a staircase. I wanted to move it, so on our way to go to sleep, I picked it up by it’s top. The bottom fell away. I realized I’d probably forgotten to water it for too long, but I thought that if I lined up the pieces & resumed watering, it’d be okay. The top piece seemed to fit over the bottom piece.

23 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I like the stuffed animal birds. Great pics as always. I'm curious about that insect. Didn't seem to match any specific kind that we looked at in the books.

Lana Gramlich said...

Charles; That's the problem with most field guides, I find. They rarely have what you're looking for. (Except bird guides--they're pretty good.) Of course, a comprehensive field guide to insects of our area would probably be larger than an unabridged dictionary...

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

What dreams you have!!! You should work up fiction stories with these!!!

Great nature photos. The raccoon is cute as can be!!!

Hugs, JJ

Demon Hunter said...

Very interesting dreams as always, Lana.

I love the pictures too! :*) I always see cool things in nature, but never have my camera with me.

Lana Gramlich said...

JJ; Write up fiction? Surely you jest! I can't find sufficient time for my painting as it is. <:\
The raccoons are somewhat trained to make a beeline for our back door whenever they hear it open, since that's where we throw out our scraps. It's funny to watch. We haven't thrown out much lately, which is why they're accosting the bird seed, but that's okay. It's not a frequent event.

DH; Thanks. :) I learned a valuable lesson at least 10 years ago now...Never go anywhere w/o a camera. Now that the digitals are so small & handy, that's even easier these days.

Paul Grecian said...

The racoon is great. I would love to work with one. The indigos are just plain scarce up here. It's really special to see one let alone 6!

Chris said...

Lana: I know I've said this before, but your dreams are soooo rich with detail! I don't know how you do it. Maybe you can give a class on "Remembering Your Dreams", I bet a lot of people would be interested (including me).
Being lost is scary, that stood out with your first dream, I hate when that happens in real life, sucks to have to dream about it too!
Nice pictures, that raccoon is getting a little too bold!

Lana Gramlich said...

Paul; The raccoons usually aren't so brazen to come out during daylight--they must be pretty hungry these days. Perhaps needing extra sustenance for little raccoons now.
There are 7 indigos around in all (so far--we started with 2.) It seems they may actually stick around this year. Last year after a couple of weeks they were gone. These have been around almost a month now. Quite a delight, to be sure!

Chris; Good idea! I'll have to give some thought to a "remembering your dreams" post (at the least.)
Getting lost does suck, but it also opens up new possibilities. My dad was a pro at finding shortcuts via getting lost on purpose. I found some wonderful hiking places that way, myself. At least in this dream I was with sympathetic company.
By the time the raccoons raid the stumps for seed, it's mostly gone, anyway. I'd rather them eat the seeds than eggs in local nests, for sure...

Ello said...

Lana, I think your dreams coupled with your great picture taking skills means that you should be a filmmaker. Just a thought.

Love the pictures as always!

Lisa said...

Wow -- every time I come here I end up staying a LONG time to catch up. I'm amazed at the vividness of your dreams. I need to work on remembering mine again. You and Charles both have an uncanny ability to experience rich, detailed dreams AND remember them. Very cool.

Lana Gramlich said...

Ello; Thanks! I'm afraid I wouldn't be a commercial enough filmmaker (especially considering the tripe that's produced these days,) but I do appreciate the suggestion! Maybe I'll brainstorm w/my Canadian friend when she comes down in early May. She works in the video industry.

Lisa; Thanks. I think the best place to start (remembering dreams,) is to discipline yourself to write things down as soon as you wake. I'm probably going to do a post on this in the near future, so I don't want to say too much just yet...

Britta Coleman said...

Reading your dream chronicles has inspired me to try to remember my own. Last night it was something about having to purchase three pairs of red socks. The good news is they were on sale two for a dollar, but I had to get two packages to reach my inexplicable quota. The bad news: I don't wear red socks. What does this mean???

Lana Gramlich said...

Britta; Cool! As far as interpretation goes, let me refer you to the "part one" and "part two" posts I did on the subject. Part two is likely to have more solid information for you to use, but I recommend reading both, anyway. Good luck!

Steve Malley said...

Loved that picture of the raccoon. We don't have those here in NZ either.

Lana Gramlich said...

Steve; Count your blessings. *LOL* (Nah...I do like them, although they have the dreaded opposable thumbs that can make them quite formidable.)

Larry said...

I cold see how family guy would make you have strange dreams.-That show is really something.-I'm impresssed by the number of Indigo Buntings you have and I like the raccoon photo too.

Lana Gramlich said...

Larry; Yeah, Family Guy's something else. Get's repetitive & predictable pretty fast, though. I'm still loving the buntings--although I hope they'll stay, last year they just visited for a little while on their migration through the area. The raccoons around here have little shame. Lucky for them they're cute & funny.

Britta Coleman said...

Thanks for the tips, Lana. I'm so impressed!

Lana Gramlich said...

Britta; You're welcome & thank YOU. :)

Miladysa said...

Your world appears so exotic to me - racoons and buntings and katydid!

Thank you for sharing it with us - it is always such a delight to visit :-D

Lana Gramlich said...

Miladysa; No, thank YOU for enjoying it. :)

The Zen Birdfeeder said...

SIX Indigo Buntings! WOW - I'm blue just thinking about it!

disa said...

色情,色情影片,同志色教館,色色網,色遊戲,自拍,本土自拍,kk俱樂部,後宮電影院,後宮電影,85cc免費影城,85cc免費影片,免費影片,免費小遊戲,免費遊戲,小遊戲,遊戲,好玩遊戲,好玩遊戲區,A片,情趣用品,遊戲區,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆,遊戲基地,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,遊戲口袋,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖,A片,A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片,成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室

Related Posts with Thumbnails