My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Frogs/Toad & a Pause

Due to bad thunderstorms that passed through the area overnight, this morning I found a couple of American green tree frogs taking refuge inside our storm door (they get in through a tiny slit at the bottom of the door.)
Last night an as-yet-unidentified frog or toad took refuge from the storms on our deck. If anyone knows what kind of frog or toad this is (below,) I'd appreciate a comment. I checked the 2 field guides I have & can't adequately identify it through the information/images in either. He's about 2" long.
In other news, I have company coming down from Canada for the next couple of weeks, so I'll probably vanish from the blogging scene for a while. This is the first time I've had 2 weeks off work since Hurricane Katrina & the first time I'll have seen my friend in 4 years (or so.) I'm greatly looking forward to it!

12 comments:

laughingwolf said...

dunno what kind the toad is, sorry...

have fun with the canuckers, lots to catch up with ;) lol

Lana Gramlich said...

laughingwolf; Yes! It's going to be fun!

mon@rch said...

Love seeing your tree frogs and they must be fun finding all the time! If I have not said it sooner, I love seeing all your nature pictures that you have been posting recently! Keep up the great work!

Lisa said...

I am so ashamed to confess this, but I am terrified of frogs and toads. If I found one on my screen door I'd end up running the other way and screaming. Rodents and bugs don't scare me one but, but these little guys --- eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Charles Gramlich said...

I also saw a big snapping turtle crossing the road yesterday.

Travis said...

Sorry I don't know what the frog is. Enjoy your time off!

Lana Gramlich said...

Mon@rch; Thank you!

Lisa; My ex was the same way. Absolutely terrified. I scared the bejezus out of him once by putting a toy frog in our fridge. Unfortunately I'd forgotten I'd done it, so his panicked shriek scared the bejezus out of me, too. *L* Perhaps you were both flies in a former life..?

Charles; Cool!

Travis; Thanks anyway & will do!

Shauna Roberts said...

Hope this time off work is better than the last one!

I haven't seen any toads or frogs in our yard yet. It probably isn't damp enough for them.

Natural said...

okay you are a brave cookie. i just recently took care of a tadpole during my daughter's spring break...but if i saw a frog hanging off of anything, i'd be afraid.

Enjoy your company and see you when you get back.

The Zen Birdfeeder said...

Cool tree frog.

Larry said...

That's a long haul for those folks from Canada.-Hope you have a nice visit. I've got some French-canadian roots myself.

Billy said...

Cool frog pic ... and damn, wasn't that a storm?! I was ready to practice duck and cover!

Related Posts with Thumbnails