My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Mystery Revealed...'N Stuff

For those mystified by the middle picture in my previous post, the top center of this picture reveals the subject matter. Ta daa! Kudos to Marvin and Erik for figuring it out.
This was the first "stitched" picture I've ever taken. Individual shots just didn't do the gazebo justice. As usual, you can click on the picture for a significantly larger view (which includes Charles.)
I dropped Charles off at the airport early this morning. He's off to Texas for the weekend. I'm hoping to get a lot of painting done on my panel (for the park.) I tend to paint with my canvasboards down on a table (which helps keep thin washes from dripping,) & I haven't done a mural in a while, so its been an adjustment getting back into the swing of painting on something in a vertical position. I feel clumsy! It's going well enough, though.

11 comments:

Michelle (artscapes) said...

Cool picture!!
I love the ones from your last post as well... You have an amazing eye!

I have been painting up a storm with the hubby away too. So much more work gets done when the house is quiet.... :)

laughingwolf said...

homestead'll return to normal, sunday

meanwhile, you have your art to keep you busy, if no cuddled....

Miladysa said...

Good luck with the panel :-D

Barbara Martin said...

Kana, you should have more of "guess the photo" shots.

Sidney said...

Ah, I love tricky photos.

Sandpiper said...

Great post! Good luck with the project. It sounds like fun.

Lana Gramlich said...

Michelle; Thanks. Yes, I'm hoping to get my panel mostly done this weekend. Time's quickly running out!

laughingwolf; Yes. At least I have a distraction!

Miladysa; Thank you. :)

Barbara; I didn't intend it to be a "guess the photo," actually. It just ended up being that way in this case, so I decided to clear up the relative confusion. *L*

Sidney; I love optical illusions, personally. M.C. Escher amazes me.

Sandpiper; Thanks. Actually the project's pretty back breaking, but c'est la vie! I'm still glad to be doing it. :)

Erik Donald France said...

AH, the context -- that's one big gazebo!

Lana Gramlich said...

Erik; Yes...It's HUGE!

Natural said...

i took a few stitched pictures of my fish tank because it was just too long to get in the frame. they come out prettynice. I like your picture a lot.

Lana Gramlich said...

NW; Thanks! I really like the options that stitched pictures present, y'know? You can, in effect, take bigger pictures that the camera's normally capable of!

Related Posts with Thumbnails