My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Quick Update

First let me apologize to those who recently commented on my last post. I haven't responded personally lately, as my spare time has been spent working on the panel for the park, which is due this coming Monday. I've had to slow down on it over the last couple of days, because it's been fairly back-breaking work. Because I don't have any way to get the panel up off the floor, there's been a lot of crawling around on one hand & both knees, a paintbrush in my other hand. Although I had plans to put much more into the design, I don't know that I'll be physically up to it. At least the main subject (the Choctaw Ridge Oak,) is done, for the most part. As I'm into my last days to work on it, I probably won't be able to visit many blogs or answer many comments until next week.
Today's picture is of this morning's sunrise. I woke uber-early, unable to sleep anymore. I'm 99% sure it was because of a dream related to my childhood, involving such imagery as a dragon made of fire, dangers to survival in a post-apocalyptic world & an Asian man who'd not only survived the bombing at Hiroshima, but was subsequently beaten & slashed with knives; so horribly disfigured I could barely stand to look at him. It probably doesn't help that my car's in the shop for an air conditioning problem either...That's enough of a nightmare!

Afternoon update; Rec'd a call from the Friends of the Park, stating that the due date for the panel is now Wed., 6/25/08 (so I have an extra day or so.)

11 comments:

laughingwolf said...

super pic, lana...

i thought you were preoccupied with the assignment, and that comes first

no worries, come back when you can, and have recovered from the pains

grats on what you have completed so far :)

Natural said...

ah, no worries on getting back to us. we all get preoccupied with more urgent matters.

okay that was some dream, but your car being in the shop is more of a nightmare because it will cost real money.

Travis Erwin said...

I look forward to seeing the finished project and I hope your back holds up. I know that pain all too well myself.

Susie said...

Your nature photography is wonderful, it makes me feel like I am looking through the lens right with you.

I always like the peaceful look of tree's standing in a sunset!

Sandpiper said...

This is wonderful! So pretty. I'm not able to respond to comments all the time anymore either. Life gets busy. We'll still be here.

Charles Gramlich said...

Lovely colors in the pic. I'm glad you've got a couple of extra days. I know how hard you've been working.

JR's Thumbprints said...

Any mention of "deadlines" and I'm thinking about the forbidden zone where corrections officers are allowed to shoot center-mass to prevent an escape. Good luck with the project.

Marvin said...

Great sunrise photo. My favorite time of day (to be sleeping).

Don't work too hard -- just hard enough to get the job done.

Glad I could be of service in providing a reminder about the blackberries. Did Charles get the job done?

Demon Hunter said...

Sounds like a very scary dream. Glad you got an extra day or so with your panel. :*) I hope that great things come out of it for you!

Michelle (artscapes) said...

I get the pressure you are under. My post card/invite for the show goes to press this coming week and I am still painting the piece that will go on it.... I don't get much sleep these days either, and my dreams are intense!

Travis said...

Focus on your art and take care of your back. We'll be around when you get through this busy period.

Cheers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails