My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I'm Honored

I was honored today to see that Michelle (from Artscapes,) awarded me with the Arte y Pico award (& on Canada Day, no less!) Michelle is a wonderfully talented painter who makes realism seem easy. She has a keen eye for interesting photographs, as well. I highly recommend a visit to her blog.
And now, the formalities...

The “Arte y Pico” award was created and to be given to bloggers who inspire others with their creative energy and their talents, whether it be writing or artwork in all media. When you receive this award it is considered a “special honor.” Once you have received this award, you are to pass it on to at least 5 others.

1) The winner of the award must choose 5 bloggers that they consider deserving of this award for the creativity, design, posts and contribution to the blogging community, no matter the language.
2) Each award given has to have the name of the author and a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4) Award winner and the giver of this award must show the link of the "Arte y Pico" blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5) Post these rules.


I had a very hard time picking my 5. I almost broke the rules & nominated at least 15. I can think of even more than that who deserve it, however. I strongly recommend everyone on my blogroll for various reasons; their creativity, humor, straight-forwardness, intrigue, inspiration, kindness & a million other adjectives. They wouldn't be on my blogroll if I didn't think they rocked, after all. Not to mention that they're all just great folks, as well.

That said, here are my 5;

1. Caroline at Caroline's Crayons, whose blog inspires me not only in creativity, but in life, itself.
2. Christine Kane at Let's Paint Nature, whose blog is so personable, you'll feel like you're over for coffee.
3. Gale Rainwater at Gale Rainwater Photography, whose nature photos may be the most stunning I've ever seen, not just in subject, but in technique.
4. Abe Lincoln at My Birds Blog, whose close up photos of birds make me want to get a digiscope for my own camera RIGHT NOW.
5. Marvin at Nature in the Ozarks, whose blog not only shares natural beauty, but also teaches you all about it.

I know that some people lead very busy lives. As such, I won't take any offense if any of my winners ignore their nominations completely. Just know that I appreciate & applaud your efforts!

Note; I linked up the English translation for the "Arte y Pico" page (which is originally in Spanish,) above & it's totally worth a laugh.

12 comments:

Erik Donald France said...

Very cool!

Happy Canada Day from the northern borderlands ;->

Lana Gramlich said...

Erik; I was just on my way back over to your blog, actually. *L* Happy Canada Day back atcha! :)

Charles Gramlich said...

Congrats sweety. Well deserved. You're work is so beautiful.

Abraham Lincoln said...

I am happy that you won the award. I do think you deserved the attention. Thanks for your visits to my blogs and for your thinking of me.

laughingwolf said...

grats, lana!

can't think of anyone more worthy :)

Gale Rainwater said...

Congratulations Lana a well deserved award and thank you for nominating my blog. I appreciate it. Your a great friend.

Michelle's Spell said...

Congratulations -- that's so cool! And happy Canada day! I'm going over there to get acupuncture next week and try to avoid the drunk-ass Detroit nineteen year olds who take advantage of the lower drinking age. Many of them are my students, God help me. :)

Lana Gramlich said...

Charles; Thank you, babykins!

Abraham; Anytime. I'm glad you're feeling better, too!

Laughingwolf; Aw, shucks...*blush*

Gale; Anytime! Your work amazes me & I hope someday we'll meet in person.

Michelle; I know what it's like (as I lived just across the river from Buffalo, NY for a while.) *sympie hug* At least they weren't my students, though. *L*

Shauna Roberts said...

Congrats, Lana!

Crayons said...

Hey Lana,
That's well deserved. I really enjoy your photos and your take on life. Congratulations.

And what a pleasure to received a nomination -- and especially from you. It's a first. If I can figure out how to display the image, I will, but remember that I was born in 1959. All of this technology is a bee in my bonnet.

You are such a great blogging neighbor.

Marvin said...

Congratulations, Lana. A well deserved honor.

And, thank you for passing it along my direction. I'll try my best to keep bugging people up to your expectations.

Lana Gramlich said...

Shauna; Thank you. :)

Caroline; Thanks. I'm very glad to have found you--one of the shining stars among the vast blackness of cyberspace. No problem about the image & whatnot. I didn't give you the award to stress you out, y'know? *L*

Marvin; Thank you for the kind words & for being one of my field guides! *L* Your macros are awesome--you just have a great & informative blog, man!

Related Posts with Thumbnails