My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Upcoming Art Events + Award

Sat., Nov. 1; Slidell's Arts Evening. My work will be displayed at Bargains Plus/Postal Plus at 155 Robert St. in Slidell, LA. The raindate is Nov. 2nd.

Sat., Nov. 8; Art for Madisonville Market.

Sat., Dec. 20; Arts & Crafts Market in Abita Springs, LA.

I'm also supposed to supply a 2-3 paintings of fire dragons in the next few months for Facebook's Pet Dragons application, but that job doesn't pay, so it's on a back burner.

The Abita Artists meet at 3pm on the 3rd Sunday of every month at the Berkeley Gallery & Studio in Abita Springs.

I'll be signing up for other markets/opportunities, as well. Info will be posted here as it develops. In the meantime, I'm likely to vanish from the blogosphere for a little while as I focus on painting for these upcoming events.
As the holidays approach, remember that original art makes a great gift (that's not always expensive,) & that without patrons, the arts wither & die...but no pressure.
;)

In other news, JJ at Nature Shows and Dreams bestowed this honor upon me today. Unfortunately I'm going to have to break the rules, though, as I just don't have time to nominate the required blogs & leave all of the required comments. I would bestow this award upon all of the blogs I visit regularly (you know who you are,) so if you'd like this, feel free to pop by JJ's blog for the official rules.

17 comments:

virtual voyage said...

This sounds great. Hope you have a good time while producing the work and look forward to seeing results down the line.

Steve Malley said...

Go, you WonderArtist, go!!!

laughingwolf said...

gopher it all, lana :D

letspaintnature.com said...

Congrats and good luck on all your art gigs! You're doing wonderful!

JR's Thumbprints said...

Gotta do what comes naturally. Please post some of your artwork while you're away for us curious minds.

Rick said...

Yeah, what everyone else said. You know, if you were paid based on the quality of your stuff, you'd be a zillionaire now.

Billy said...

That's in Oldtown. I'll certainly try to get over there if someone hasn't blocked out my social calendar -:)

Billy said...

... or Robert Blvd.? That's not in Oldtowne, but I know where Robert is.

Lana Gramlich said...

julie & jr; Thanks. I'll definitely post things here as I complete them.

steve; You go, too! Uber-art-dude!

laughingwolf; 'Tis the season, as they say. *L*

chris; Thank you kindly.

rick; You're too sweet. It's unfortunate that all of the arts are so under-appreciated these days. More unfortunate, perhaps, that the recent economic disasters aren't likely to help the situation any time soon.

billy; It's in Olde Towne. Hope to see you there. :)

Charles Gramlich said...

Congrats on the blog award. Well deserved. Sounds like we're coming into an 'artsy' period of the year.

Middle Ditch said...

Well done you.

I had a look at the mystery bird and the tail reminds me of an eagle, but this one was too small, unless it was a youngster.

Lana Gramlich said...

charles; Thanks, hon. We're coming into a "salesy" period of the year, anyway. *L*

middle ditch; Thanks. Yeah...Still no luck with an ID on the bird, but I appreciate the input.

Shauna Roberts said...

Good luck with all your art events this fall.

Lana Gramlich said...

shauna; Thank you. :)

Larry said...

Congratulations! I don't partake in going back and forth with the awards either.-It is a nice gesture though.

Michelle (artscapes) said...

This is so great that you have so many events! I hope they are successful.

Congrats on the blog award - I love your blog too! :)

Lana Gramlich said...

larry; Yes. It was very sweet. :)

michelle; Thanks. I really tend to "push it" (as far as marketing art goes,) once the holidays arrive. We'll see what happens!

Related Posts with Thumbnails