My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Abita Springs Playground Party + Award

This past Saturday I was invited to the Friends of the Park volunteer appreciation party. There were bands and free food and drinks (hard or soft.) It's the first time I've been to the park since everything's been fully completed, & it was great to see the finished product.
The entrance to the playground, which has a Choctaw theme.

This fountain was installed nearby for kids to play in. It shoots water in different heights & configurations.

There's the panel I painted for the park.

Changing leaves on a sweet gum tree.

In other news, I had another of my photos published on the front page of the St. Tammany News this past Sunday.

Thanks also to Punam, who gave me this award the other day. I'm going to break the rules, again, as I'm still too swamped with other projects to engage in all of that work, but if you'd like the award, all of the details are over on her blog.

10 comments:

virtual voyage said...

Looks a lovely place - and good to see the panel in situ! Like you, I'm determined to get painting though life's hectic.

Funny, I took a shot of a sweet gum tree the other day in our local arboretum. Stunning leaf colours.

Steve Malley said...

You make it so vivid, I can almost smell it!

Doson said...

Beautiful... I guess you enjoyed a lot...
The photos are so relaxinggggg... lol "Skippy"
I love that "Sweet Gum Tree"

Travis Erwin said...

My youngest would love that sprinkler.

Charles Gramlich said...

Congrats on the award. those colors are very nice. I'll have to go look at that tree.

Miladysa said...

Delightful post and awesome butterfly photograph! I wouldn't be surprised if you are requested to submit a regular photographic post at the newspaper :D

The fence panel looks amazing in situ! Well done you! x

Lana Gramlich said...

julie; That's ironic (the gum trees.) Unfortunately, instead of forcing myself to paint more, I've been better about finding excuses not to. Sometimes I just need a break, but now's not really the time to take one.

steve; You're too kind. :)

skippy; Yes, it was a good time. Nice to see all of the kids enjoying the playground. I love the star shape of the sweet gum leaves.

travis; Who wouldn't, really?

charles; Thanks, hon. We need to go for a hike again. We were going everywhere all the time, but lately we've just been busy w/other things.

miladysa; Thanks for the kind words. The newspapers accept photo submissions from anyone, actually, & since they're currently getting them for free, I don't expect that to change any time soon. I appreciate the sentiment, though!

ANNA-LYS said...

I am sorry for being rude
it was spontaneous joy
I can't take it of to nude
not at all meant to destroy

Sorry Lana

Shauna Roberts said...

Your panel looks great. At first glance, it appeared to be part of the landscape, it blended in so well.

Congratulations on the award.

Lana Gramlich said...

anna-lys; Fair enough.

shauna; Thanks & thanks. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails