My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Saturday, November 29, 2008

All Kinds of Various Information

Big news for tomorrow, Nov. 30th;
1. I'll be participating in an art market here in Abita Springs, on the grounds of the Berkeley Gallery & Studio from 9am 'til 2pm. We're hoping to make this a weekly event, so I'll likely be there every Sunday for the rest of the year, at least.
2. Tomorrow evening provides the greatest astronomical conjunction of the year. On Monday evening, Venus will be eclipsed by the Moon (called an "occultation.")

We've been seeing the occassional robin or two lately, but yesterday a flock of at least 100 flew around our house (this is but a small part of the flock);

And now, a few more pictures from our recent hike at Northlake Nature Center...



Yaupon holly

11 comments:

Erik Donald France said...

Good luck tomorrow, Lana, and stay cool during the occultation ;->

sulustu said...

Do you know the scientific name of this plant?

Charles Gramlich said...

The robins were so talkative yesterday. It was entertaining.

Chrissy said...

Wow, great photographs. We have Robins but they are different and they don't flock. i was trying to ge a photograph today but he kept nickin' off, LOL

Travis Erwin said...

Great shots and hope you time at the art gallery is fruitful.

Miladysa said...

The colours are amazing :D

Enjoy your events!

Lana Gramlich said...

Erik; Thanks. :) Looking like clear skies for this evening, so I'm hoping to get some photos!

sulustu; If you're talking about the yaupon holly, yes, I do. If you click the link provided, it gives all kinds of information about it.

Charles; Nice to see the Winter birds back again. :)

Chrissy; Thanks. Yes, I know your robins are different. Prettier than ours, actually. If it's any consolation, ours don't sit still for photos much either. *L*

Travis; Thanks! Maybe next time on the fruitfulness, though...

Miladysa; Thank you! You should be able to see the conjunction, as well, since it's an astronomical event.

JR's Thumbprints said...

Lana,
I like those pics where you aim the camera skyward through the canopy of trees; makes me feel like I'm in the woods, enjoying the moment. Hope your holiday went as planned.

Lana Gramlich said...

JR; Thanks! We had a great Thanksgiving. Hope yours went well, also. :) The tree canopy shots are a bit hard on me, as I have an ear disorder that effects my balance. I have to be careful taking those, so I don't fall down. When I see them on the blog, sitting at my desk, they still actually make me dizzy!

Larry said...

I always love photos that look up into the tops of tree canopies-very cool effect!

Lana Gramlich said...

Larry; Thanks! I loved the way there were all different kinds of leaves.

Related Posts with Thumbnails