My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Art & Photography Contests, Shows & Play

Apologies for the long delay between posts, but I've been busy. Although I still haven't had time to watch the instructional video for my digital EOS Rebel camera, I have played with the camera a bit more. Here's a recent favorite--a chipping sparrow outside my back window (click for larger image);
I've sent this to Birder's World magazine's "photo of the week" contest. Wish me luck! (Update, 12/29/08; I didn't win.)
For those of you who voted &/or might remember the contest my other photo was in, although winners were to be announced 9 days ago now, we're all still waiting. From what I understand, they're supposed to announce the winner by the end of the week, but considering it's Xmas, I'm not holding my breath. I'll keep y'all posted, at any rate.
On Jan. 3rd I'll be participating in "Festinblanc" at LaProvence in Lacombe, LA. They're holding a contest for mostly white art, so I'm going to enter a couple of paintings. I recently sent off some samples to a local art gallery, also. Wish me luck on these, as well!
The last Abita Artists art market at the Berkeley Gallery is this coming Sunday. Past that, the next main event coming up for me is an "Artist of the Month" (of February,) display at Mandeville City Hall.

My best wishes to all of my readers, friends & family for a prosperous 2009!

21 comments:

Remas said...

It's a beautiful picture.
Good luck with the "photo of the week" contest

vishalhd said...

hey, good luck on that. and that's a great picture you took!!

Tom said...

Hi Lana- Great shot. I like how you used the rule of thirds when composing this picture. If the bird was smack dab in the middle, it would have just been another picture of a bird. Good luck.

Tom

Scott said...

Lana, another nice pic! Thanks for sharing it. Good luck in your competitions as well!

NAVAL LANGA said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS--CLICK HERE FOR THE CARD

Marvin said...

Great shot of the chipping sparrow. Good luck with all the artistic endeavors you have going at the moment. (You have been busy.)

Dave Coulter said...

Good luck with those contests...although you're already a winner to your readers!

Happy Holidays to you and yours! :)

photonz said...

Tough competition at Birder's World!

Happy Holidays and Joyful New Year!

Michelle's Spell said...

Merry Christmas, darling Lana! I'm glad I got to know you this year. Thanks for all well wishes -- I'm trying to take it easy and well, it's good. Merry Christmas to you and Charles!

Angie said...

Luck! :D I'll keep a set of virtual fingers crossed for you.

Angie

Travis said...

Good luck with your photo.

Wishing you the joys of the season!

Donnetta Lee said...

Beautiful, Lana! And MERRY CHRISTMAS. D

laughingwolf said...

it's lovely, g'luck with it, lana

Erik Donald France said...

Happy holidays, Salud and Yes to prospeirty in '009!

Rob said...

Nice focus, Lana. Great pic.

earthtoholly said...

Hey Lana! Thanks much for all the comments you left on my blog recently. I'm finally back so maybe I can get some stuff done...

Beautiful birdie shot you got here and I hope you win the photo contest...good luck!

T.R. said...

that chipping sparrow is de bomb. Perfectly highlighted!!! Gorgeous

Lana Gramlich said...

Thanks, all! I appreciate the input & well wishes. I'll keep you posted on the sparrow photo & I'll get back to visiting other blogs ASAP. Insanely busy right now!

Larry said...

Sorry you didn't win but I give you credit for trying. Nice photo anyway.

Lana Gramlich said...

Larry; Thanks. I appreciate it. :) Happy New Year!

Tabib said...

Although you didn't win, for me this picture is great.

Related Posts with Thumbnails