My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Monday, December 1, 2008

Art Sale & Conjunction

The rest of this month I'm holding a sale on my artwork. If there's something in particular you've liked, now's the time to make an offer. To access posts with my art in them, click the "My art" label on the right hand sidebar. There may be a few posts in there about dreams or news about my art, but they're quickly scrolled over.

The picture is of last night's conjunction of Venus & Jupiter w/the Moon nearby (w/Earthshine prominent.) Tonight they're all slated to be even closer. Venus will be occulted by the Moon (check local sources for correct times.)
UPDATE--Here's a picture of the conjunction on Dec. 1st (through slightly cloudier skies);

14 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Beautiful star,moon catching.

Chrissy said...

What a very beautiful photograph - stunning :)

Michelle (artscapes) said...

Incredible photo!
I am just catching up so I hope you had a successful weekend and enjoyed Thanksgiving!

laughingwolf said...

i hear it is a rare sighting of the three in such close proximity, great shot!

Larry said...

Very nice!I think there's a meteor shower thismonth isn' there-The Geminids?

Lana Gramlich said...

Charles & Chrissy; Thank you. :)

Michelle; The weekend was a bit less than "successful," but no regrets, anyway. Turkey Day was great, thanks!

laughingwolf; Thanks! Yes, reasonably "rare" to see them all grouped together like this.

Larry; There are meteor showers virtually ever day of the year, actually, it's just that most of them aren't visible. There are 2 notable meteor showers this month, though; the Geminids (which you've mentioned & may actually be washed out this year by the bright Moon,) & the Ursids (which is less spectacular.)

Lauren said...

Beautiful shot!

Lana Gramlich said...

Lauren; Thank you!

Dave Coulter said...

GREAT shot!

Lana Gramlich said...

Dave; Thanks. :) I was pleased at getting the Earthshine so clearly in the first shot.

Barbara Martin said...

Lana, thank you for these views. I am unable to see the skies properly due to the reflection of
Toronto's city lights.

Lana Gramlich said...

Barbara; No problem. I remember my own, starless, Toronto nights. Always glad to share! :)

Nomad Flavor said...

Very Nice.

Lana Gramlich said...

Nomad Flavor; Thanks. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails