My webpage (inc. awards, upcoming events, etc.)

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Prize Dart & Crazy-Busy Art

Many thanks to Shauna Roberts for bestowing this award on me.
The Prémio Dardos is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.
Unfortunately I must now break one of its rules, as don't have time to forward it to 15 others. I've barely had time to blog lately, to be honest.

My primary focus right now is getting ready for my February stint as "Artist of the Month" at Mandeville City Hall. The Mayor's been in a lot of hot water lately (see here, here, here, here or here,) so maybe his misfortune will translate into an exposure boon for me.
This past Tuesday I cut a consignment deal with Half Moon Gardens for some of my paintings. Hopefully that will prove to be a fortunate deal for both of us.
This past Wednesday I had 2 of my snow photos from last month printed on the cover of the latest edition of Alternatives magazine.
Tomorrow I have a meeting of "Abita Artists" at the library (where I work.)
Tuesday I have to meet with the Bayou Lacombe Art Center board of directors re; their website (which they've hired me to work on.) I need to clarify some things before I can do much more.
There's also been the almost daily e-mails, research, inquiries & submissions for this, that & the other thing, not to mention that I'm working on a painting based on a photo I took of a black sand beach on the Tasman Sea in New Zealand;
I've also had extra shifts at the library over the past couple of weeks (including the busiest day I've ever had there,) so life has been incredibly hectic lately. I miss seemingly longer, lazier days of sitting on my deck, sipping margaritas & watching birds. I must make time for that again. Soon.

21 comments:

Doson said...

Hey, Skippy...
Congrats and Best wishes for February...

I hope you'll be the "Artist of the Month"

Thumbs up!!!!

PEACE

Charles Gramlich said...

I like how your new painting is coming.

Sidney said...

Sounds like cool stuff all around.

Scott said...

Lana,

Sometimes being busy is good, but definately schedule some porch time.

Chrissy said...

Wonderful image :). I am looking forward to seeing the painting. I have life in the fast lane right now too...I hope you find some porch time soon :)

Shauna Roberts said...

Sounds as if your art career has taken a step forward. I hope so, and I hope you enjoy all your art projects . . . some of which can perhaps be planned or sketched out while sitting on the porch with a margarita?

Rick said...

You are definitely in high gear now! Can't think of anyone who deserves the blogging award more. You and Charles are a permanent fixture in my reading cabinet.

NAVAL LANGA said...

Ms. LANA GRAMLICH

You are having a busy life, and even if you are maintaining the contact with the art world so lively: it's a praise worthy effort. I would like to see your more work

Naval Langa
PAINTINGS GALLERIES

Another Interesting Blog
BIG CITIES OF INDIA

Lana Gramlich said...

Skippy; Thank you. :) The "artist of the month" thing is for sure. I scheduled it at some point last summer, actually.

Charles; You're a sweetie pie.

Sidney; Cool but hectic. I've grown unused to being so busy!

Scott; I'm hoping to take some time off in Feb., since most of my work will be out, anyway. ;)

Chrissy; Thanks! I've always loved that photo, but it's old & small, so I was somewhat compelled to paint it.

Shauna; Unfortunately my next, major focus will go to the website, which I'll need to be at the computer for. Once that's set up, however, I can probably spend considerably more time on the deck. ;)

Rick; You're too kind, as always!

Naval; Thanks for the kind comments. There are labels that link to other works on the right hand sidebar of the blog, including "about my art," "my art" & "paintings for sale." I believe all of my recent works are here on the blog, actually.

Avery DeBow said...

Artist of the month and a magazine cover? That's huge. Congratulations. It's been a great time at the Gramlich household, lately, hasn't it? Well, deserved all around, that's for certain.

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey lovely Lana,

Congratulations on the award! Hope that your January work is going well (by the looks of it, I'd say so!) and that the mayor's issues lead to big exposure! Happy MLK Day!

Lana Gramlich said...

Avery; Thank you. :) It's certainly been a busier time than we've had in quite a while, but you have to put out to get back, I guess!

Michelle; Thanks. Hopefully some of this hard work will turn into cash. *L* Happy MLK day & inauguration to you! :)

Michelle (artscapes) said...

I hope you get tonnes of traffic in February - good luck!!

Steve Malley said...

You're doing great!!

I do have one question, though:

When did you take a photo of a black sand beach in New Zealand, and why didn't you stop by for some iced tea?

Sorry, that's two questions. :)

The Zen Birdfeeder said...

Holey moley, girl! You're busy! And famous! Keep up the great work.
I hate to add more to your plate but I'm tagging you for a Top Five meme I'm catching up on:
http://wildbirdsunlimited.typepad.com/the_zen_birdfeeder/2009/01/dakotas-top-five-meme-finally.html
Take your time (I did!)

Lana Gramlich said...

Michelle; Thanks much! :)

Steve; I was in NZ for Xmas of '99 & into Jan. of '00. Had I known you then believe me, I would have given you a ring! Unfortunately two 18 hour plane rides was more than enough for me. We'll have to meet somewhere in the middle someday.

Nancy; Thanks for the support! I'll get to the meme when I get a chance. ;)

Larry said...

Sounds like you're busy but it seems you are doing what you enjoy. There are many people that will never get a chance to say that in their life.-Hope you get your chanceto have some Margaritas and watch birds. I like margaritas too-of course I just look at them-I don't drink them.

Lana Gramlich said...

Larry; Sometimes I think I prefer the deck time to all the business, to be honest. I'm just very tired these days. Gotta find a balance.

Kate S said...

Lana, you are so talented as both a painter and photographer. I'm very impressed.

I know all about being busy and tired all the time - I've been that way for about a year now. I hope things even out for you soon.

Lana Gramlich said...

Kate; You're very kind. I'm looking forward to Feb., when most of my art will be out on display here there or everywhere. I'll make sure to schedule some relaxing time then.

disa said...

hi5 tv,a383,微風論壇,微風,伊莉,伊莉討論區,伊莉論壇,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,plus,痴漢論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性愛,性感影片,校園正妹牆,正妹,AV,AV女優,SEX,走光,a片,a片免費看,A漫,h漫,成人漫畫,免費A片,色情網站,色情遊戲,情色文學,麗的色遊戲,色情,色情影片,同志色教館,色色網,色遊戲,自拍,本土自拍,kk俱樂部,後宮電影院,後宮電影,85cc免費影城,85cc免費影片,免費影片,免費小遊戲,免費遊戲,小遊戲,遊戲,好玩遊戲,好玩遊戲區,A片,情趣用品,遊戲區,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆,遊戲基地,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,遊戲口袋,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖,A片,A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說

Related Posts with Thumbnails